TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2010, 09:18 PM   #11
PopBeavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCamper View Post
We also lay blankets/towels along the perimeter of the bed pull-outs to insulate the sleeping area better.

- John
Do you use the swimming pool noodles and still have to put towels around the edges?
Old 08-21-2010, 04:29 AM   #12
OneMoBear
TrailManor Master

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...read.php?t=223

Malinda
Thule for our tandem Hobie Kayak :-)
120w Solar Panel - 2.5" lift 15" Marathons
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
OneMoBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 09:08 AM   #13
TexasCamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopBeavers View Post
Do you use the swimming pool noodles and still have to put towels around the edges?
I've read posts about using those swimming pool noodles, but we've never packed them. I mostly use towels, so we can wipe down the condensation on the walls in the morning....there's a lot of condensation inside the camper!
TV#1: 2008 Chrysler Town & Country (3.8L Touring w/ tow package, WDH) (*retired 2018*)
TV#2: 2015 Nissan Pathfinder (w/ tow package, WDH)
TV#3: 2018 Ford F150 (w/ tow package, WDH)
TexasCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 11:20 PM   #14
PopBeavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCamper View Post
I've read posts about using those swimming pool noodles, but we've never packed them. I mostly use towels, so we can wipe down the condensation on the walls in the morning....there's a lot of condensation inside the camper!
The pool noodles made a big difference for us when the wind was blowing. It stopped the draft.

We had another draft behind the closet. The upper and lower shells were not fitting together tightly enough. I tried stuffing towels in there but that did not work.

So when I got home I took the aluminum latch off and drilled a hole on the other side from the original hole. I installed it flipped over from the original orientation. Now, in order to clip it in place, I have to lean into the upper shell to push it in about 1/8 inch. No more draft behind the closet on windy nights. Not every one will have this problem. The pool noodles, I think, are applicable to everyone.
Old 09-29-2010, 04:08 AM   #15
BrigCA61

Another option to the pool noodles, is the insulation foam used for window air conditioners found at home improvement stores. I sent hubby out for pool noodles and he found this instead, which fits the gaps under the slide out bed as if it was made for it and it definately makes a difference at night when it is cool out! Very easy to store when you collapse the trailer too.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:40 AM   #16
tgpmd1
TrailManor Master

Not exactly winter camping, but wanted a test run to see how the TM did in the cold. Just got back from a camping trip where the overnight temp was going to be about 40 or so. Planned ahead and got some black insulation foam at home depot just like BrigCA61. Worked like a charm. Also had some leftover pink Owens Corning ridge foam insulation for the large gap in front at the front of the TM. Used two pieces and cut to fit.

Also brought along two ceramic headers, one in front on a crate to keep off the floor pointed toward the front, positioned about 4 feet from the bed. Kept that area at about 67 during the night. For the rear bed, put the other ceramic header on the tv shelf and it was warm and toasty all night with the curtain closed. There was condensation on all of the windows that we wiped down each morning. Also moved the ceramic heater in the rear to the bathroom for use during a shower. Not much wind, so not sure if we'll need more insulation for the next trip. Going to try again soon, but most likely going to remove outside shower and see what can be done to keep the pipes from freezing.
Prodigy Brake Controller
2.5" Factory Lift Kit
15" Dexstar Wheels
15" Karrier Loadstar Tires w/TR-416 Stems
Bill's Screen Door kit
And a host of other mods...

14 y.o. 'Sasha' (aka 'Miss Kitty), started fostering 12/24/10 and adopted 3/15/11

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tgpmd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 06:57 AM   #17
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

One thing I do is take a wide roll of blue painters tape...we have camped in 18 degree weather with the wind blowing 30 to 40 mph. I use the tape on the inside of the camper for the door hinges. It really helps and removes cleanly.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 01:35 PM   #18
PopBeavers

Many of use use swimming pool noodles on the rear outside.

I have tightened up the seal between the rear shell and the bottom shell behind the wardrobe to close off a gap causing cold air to blow in.

I have replaced all of the foam seals on the door. I have modified the rubber seal at the floor opposite the hinge side, so that it actually works when you close the door. Sometimes I place a dirty towel there to block the draft.

I am not aware of any draft anywhere else.

I don't think we have ever camped much below 40F. We did have a bit of snow at 5,000 feet Memorial day.

We almost never have hookups. I put the furnace on the lowest possible setting, about 55F, when we go to bed.

Not exactly what you were asking.