TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Electrical
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-01-2007, 09:10 PM   #1
Scott O

Default Storage

When the TM is in storage in the garage for a period of time, is it best to plug the unit into shore power to keep the batteries charged? How long would they last without shore power? Should it be left plugged in or plugged in for a while and then unplugged? Thanks...
Old 09-01-2007, 09:50 PM   #2
ameridan

The battery will be fine in the spring if left in the trailer stored in a garage, as long as it was fully charged and there is no current draw. If, for instance, you've installed a newer "car" radio, the small current draw to remember your station settings as well as the clock will run the battery down. To be sure, just disconnect the wires at the battery posts.

If the trailer is left outside, it is best to actually remove the battery and store it in your garage or basement.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:20 PM   #3
grill-n-go
Site Sponsor

I think you want to pull the radio or the antenna fuse. If you look at your TM in the dark when it's closed you will notice a little red light by the FM antenna. Someone who knows, please post what fuse is the one to pull.

'03 2720SL
'07 Tundra 4X4
grill-n-go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 06:28 PM   #4
mtnguy

Why not just pull the main fuse at the battery??

Chap
Old 09-04-2007, 07:54 PM   #5
PopBeavers

I added a switch near the battery. I got tired of opening the battery box to get to the fuse to disconnect it.

I have left the battery on the TM, disconnected by the switch, and stored in the garage for the off season, which for me is December through February. The battery was still well charged at the end of the off season of 3 months.