TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-18-2008, 04:09 PM   #1
M3 Rules

Default Adding a 20g Water tank?

Hello,
I am now a proud owner of 07 3124KB. I got it 2 weeks ago and can't wait for camping on July 4th weekend.

I think I only have one water tank under the couch and I think it is 20g tank. Is it possible to add another water tank?

If I have to order do I call the dealership or TM directly?

Thanks for your input.

Ed
Old 06-18-2008, 05:14 PM   #2
P and B

Ed,

I have the KS version and carry only 20 gals too. My old Class C had 40 gal and while you can get by with 20, it would be nice to have the 40 as an option- especially at state parks etc. One option I've seen are collapsable containers you can put in the back of the TV and then pump the water into the fresh water tank when it get's low. I think it will be a challenge to find a place to put an extra tank inside the TM without giving something up like space in a cabinet.

I'll be curious to see if you get an traction from the factory on this.

Phil
Old 06-19-2008, 08:01 PM   #3
Fdxflyer

I have a 3124 and it came with just a 20 gallon. I had the dealer install another 20 gallon next to it. Although the "T" they used and initial fittings weren't worth a hoot I was able to get it worked out on my own and have had no problems since. It has a separtate drain just like the original but uses a common fill port. I can't imagine only having 20 (DW likes her shower) and we dry camp the majority of the time.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:19 PM   #4
P and B

FDXflyer- On the KS, the tank is under the sink and it didn't look like there was enough room to put anything "next" to it. Where is it in yours? Any chance of posting a picture or two of the addition?

Thanks,

Phil
Old 06-20-2008, 08:26 AM   #5
Al-n-Sue

Phil - the KB has ample room under the couch for an extra tank. Mine has a 40 gal installed from the factory and I'm sure an extra 20 could be added if only a 20 came from the factory.
Alan
Old 06-20-2008, 07:00 PM   #6
P and B

Ah, no couches nearby on the KS. I'd have to find some other spot- probably under the TM. Good thing I like full hookups...

Phil
Old 06-23-2008, 11:04 AM   #7
Fdxflyer

Mine is a KB and the tanks are under the couch.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:51 PM   #8
ng2951

I just carry extra water in the plastic cans available from Wally World. Another TM owner I met at End of Trail has a $9 drill motor pump that he uses to refill his tank. Simple and quick.
Old 06-23-2008, 06:04 PM   #9
P and B

I've been using the 5 Gal collapsable water jugs. Hard to get the water in the tank so the drill thing might be a good option. 5 Gal is about all I can lift in one shot and I probably lose a quart or two trying to put it into the tank.

Phil
Old 06-23-2008, 06:58 PM   #10
1nflteam

Hi..I am a previous owner of a trailmanor and I am looking to get another one. We will be dry camping at race tracks all over Florida, as my son races. Water was one of my concerns with the trailmanor. I am going to look into a fuel bladder, it is a soft thick bag that you can form to any odd shaped area, VERY strong. I have seen them used in boats and planes to carry extra fuel. Just thinking out loud for what its worth.