TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Appliances
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-26-2008, 01:23 PM   #1
SCBillandJane

Default AC condensate leak on the inside of our TM

We have a leak on the inside of the air conditioner only when the roof air is turned on. On the inside the drip is in the corner nearest the sink. On the outside some condensate drips down on the curb side to the left of the door. I am sure this is condensate from the humid outside air. How would I access the drain tube (?) to clean out the tube? Has anyone been on the roof to remove the cover? Should the Trailmanor be in the down or up position when someone is on the roof? Can you access the drain tube from inside? Could their be another explanation? We have found no information about this type of problem in the air conditioner manual that came with the Trailmanor.
SCBillandJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 05:44 PM   #2
DC Randy

I had the same problem this weekend, except my drip was in the center, inside. Not a steady drip, but slow drips. I always have drips running down the side outside. I have '08 model, and have only used the TM 4-5 times since last fall. During the winter I had the unit covered, so I don't think there's any blockage.

I solved the problem inside by raising the tongue up just a bit...seems I had it TOO level! My family who are seasoned RV'ers tell me that they usually try to keep the level off just a "tad" to allow the water to run off.

Hope this helps.
Randy
Old 07-01-2008, 05:55 AM   #3
SCBillandJane

We tried changing the level also but it didn't work for us. The location of the leak was the only thing that changed. We took it to Camping World, and they said that they only had to tighten up the bolts on the top of the air conditioner. They said that needing to tighten the bolts once a year wasn't unusual.
SCBillandJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:18 AM   #4
mtnguy

After leaking during heavy rains, and the little bit that I have used the AC, I tightened my mounting bolts with no help. Mine is leaking above the roof line at the sheet metal baseplate. I haven't done it yet, but I intend to remove the sheet metal, and install a better gasket around all of the sheet metal where it meets the base plate. Getting the tongue slightly high seems to help also, as the water will tend to run off of the back of the baseplate, instead of pooling against the sheet metal duct work.

Chap