TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-24-2007, 10:43 AM   #1
PMBoyle

Default Newbie Roof Issue

Hello, I have just purchased a used 3204 TM, and used it twice.

When I go to close it, there is always leaves, needles, caterpillars, sticky stuff on the roof. What is the trick to keeping this clean? Doesn't it end up inside?

This AM as I went to close up, I was in a rush and had put my broom inside, so I could not push off the pine stuff I saw. When I opened it up it at home, the stuff was gone...into the tm? Into the AC? Hmm...I am willing to hunt and vac, more important, though, What do others to to keep roof clear the left roof BEFORE lowering right half onto it?
Thanks
PB
Old 06-24-2007, 11:54 AM   #2
wbmiller3
Site Sponsor

I keep a mop in the TV and use it to kind of sweep the aft shell off if there's a lot of stuff up there.
2018 F150 towing 2001 2619; lift kit & 15" wheels
wbmiller3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 12:55 PM   #3
Freedom

When the TM is down, there is an inner and outer seal. The seal on the front of the back shell goes against the inside ceiling of the front section. The seal on the back of the front section seals around the back section. The area you're talking about is in between and is not sealed on the bottom, so the leaves, etc can and many times do blow out at the bottom edge. You can even put your hand up in there if you want to - look/feel in front of where the door is. If you really want to clean that off when you close down, what I have done is close the back shell, push in the front bed and then climb up on the bed and sweep the stuff off. Yours may be different - I have no idea what a 3204 is.
Old 06-24-2007, 02:24 PM   #4
PMBoyle

Default Great idea!

Thanks for the idea of climbing in and pushing the stuff out. I definintely will try this.

And yes, I had the model number wrong, it is a 2004 3023. Oops!