TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-23-2023, 07:23 AM   #1
Gribnif

Question Refurbish your Trailmanor

I have a 2001 TM in need of a lot of work. I inherited it a few years ago, and have put many hours into repairs, but am at the point of looking for an overhaul.

I found a YouTube video a while back of someone who took their TM to the Factory for refurbishment. and was considering the same, but when I called, I got the impression that is no longer a thing. Has anyone done this recently? Any recommendations? Maybe a trusted dealer in the MW (We are in MN)

I have been fixing a piece at a time but would really love to get it back as close to new as possible.

Just to give an idea - some of the many things that need to be looked at: The main box seal that closes the gap between the two pieces of outer shell is rotting away and needs to be replaced. Would like to replace the carpet. Plastic parts on the awning and other areas of the box exterior have turned brittle in the sun and broken off. curtains are rotting away.

Larger concerns: Former owner had damaged the lower inside corner of the outer box (one half) - crunched it (likely backing it up and it must have caught on a tree or something). He tried to straighten is out but hoping to have it looked at. Door damaged and needs to be replaced. Oven is not working.

Thank you in advance!
Gribnif is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
factory, older tm, overhaul, refurbishment