TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Boondocking and Dry Camping
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-13-2012, 11:02 AM   #11
tgpmd1
TrailManor Master

Did you run the fridge on propane for the entire week? Seems like the battery wouldn't have held up to running on battery that long. Thanks!
Prodigy Brake Controller
2.5" Factory Lift Kit
15" Dexstar Wheels
15" Karrier Loadstar Tires w/TR-416 Stems
Bill's Screen Door kit
And a host of other mods...

14 y.o. 'Sasha' (aka 'Miss Kitty), started fostering 12/24/10 and adopted 3/15/11

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tgpmd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:54 PM   #12
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

Yes, ran on propane all week. Used the heater (for the DW) on three mornings. Still have propane in my first tank. Have not taken it off to check the quantity, though.

I was impressed with how little we used, as I had the hot water heater running all week, also.

Cooked two meals on the stove, hot water heater, refrigerator, and furnace, with plenty of propane left (have two tanks). Can't beat that!
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:12 AM   #13
foxhaven0

Default Toilet?

I'm curious about the toilet. I understand that it is a cassette and I had one on my Aliner that had a door in the outside wall to access. Is this how yours works?
Old 08-15-2012, 01:22 PM   #14
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

Yes, the cassette toilet is accessed from the outside. I just pull it out (it seals itself as it is removed), carry it to the outhouse (when doing our normal remote camping, I'll dig a hole), remove the screw-on lid from the extended pour-spout, and then dump in the toilet. Replace the cap, and put it back in.

The campground we stayed in at Glacier had a special dump station between the two restrooms, and it was basically a large-bowl "toilet". It had signage that it was for dumping cassette toilets from campers. Very convenient. If I had to, I could use the regular dump station, but I would have to either open the TM to access it, or put the cassette in the TV, so I could pull it out and dump.

There have been no water drops on the outside of the cassette at any time, before, during, or after dumping. A very sanitary process.
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tm 2417