TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Camping Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-09-2008, 09:55 PM   #1
ColdFlame

Default Great Trip with the Kids and other TM's!

So I headed out this past week (leaving the hubby at home) with my mom and kids. As my TM is new to us, it needs a little work to help the opening be smoother, but for the most part it was fine. Driving hubbies truck that is a standard (which is fine except I am not used to the gearing in his truck) and pulling the trailer went by fine. I previously had a 29 foot full size trailer that I used and parked when I was a single mom so parking isn't such a concern for me.

Each time I take it out I love it more and more, and my hubby says the same thing each time he walks in. Really the set up isn't such a big deal, especially seeing we are Canadians and as others have said our gas is EXPENSIVE! I don't think we could be enjoying the season if we had a regular TT. Our sas I said needs some TLC but we have already done little fix it jobs and it gets better and better.

Anyway on to the COOLEST part, day three of the trip my mom came down to the river and said "sorry I took so long another Trailmanor just parked across the road from you". I was excited because we bought our TM sight unseen and haven't seen another, ours is the 3023 so we got to snoop in their 3124KS. I LOVED it! Definately what we will do when the kids are gone. After some people showing a greater interest now, they informed us that they thought I had moved stalls because one just like mine was there and left the day I showed up. 3 TM's in one week all in CANADA!

After hearing peoples stories of never seeing another one I thought I would share!
Old 08-10-2008, 07:51 AM   #2
P and B

Sounds like a great trip. We've had ours for almost a year and we haven't seen another one yet. Lot's of pop ups. I also noticed more tenting this time around, which brought back some memories since I'm sure all of us have graduated from tents at one point.

Have fun with the TM.

Phil
Old 08-10-2008, 08:35 AM   #3
PopBeavers

It took us a long time to ever see another TM in a campground or on the road.

There is another thread: "They Do Exist..." where we keep track of TMs found on the road.

I am always thrilled to hear about a woman towing a trailer. I did nearly all of our towing for the first 3 years. My wife towed once, just to try it out. This year I have had knee problems and can not drive for more than an hour. So DW has been doing the driving. I do the backing and the towing in the tight loops of the campgrounds, but DW does an excellent job on the road.

She did have some experience towing. She has towed her dad's ski boat behind a 1989 Suburban 3500 several times.

You never know when Hubby will become ill on the road and needs someone else to drive. I encourage all women to learn to tow, at least well enough to get back home.

If I were the only driver then we would not have gone out this year at all. I still have knee problems and the doctors do not have any idea what the problem is. I do not know when I will be able to drive more than an hour.