TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Towing and Hitching
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2022, 04:27 PM   #21
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane826 View Post
If your TM has a 2” ball (98% chance it’s 2” but verify with current owner), you should want the 3324 model Andersen WDH (2” ball, 4” drop/rise)... That's what I have and it’s worked with my GMC Envoy and Ram 1500 pulling my 2007 3326. I think they all have the same size shank.
I thought the same thing. I just (today) bought one off Craigslist for $200. It had a 2.5" Shank. I have to buy a new shank and ball but I still come out under $400.
Old 05-03-2022, 06:44 PM   #22
simoesxp

Thanks Shane - I admit I hadn’t seen your reply and went ahead and posted again �� total beginner’s act - duplicate posting deleted now.
So the GMC Envoy should be similar to the Jeep GC - question: which frame does the 2720 have? Would the 3/4/5/6 inch bracket for the frame? Would I need the low profile bracket? There’s is a good video from Andersen that explains that if the measurement from the top of the frame to the ground is less than 18 inches, then a low profile is needed.

Sharing the Andersen video as a reference: https://youtu.be/2p49qWzAFd8
simoesxp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 06:29 AM   #23
simoesxp

The specs of a 2022 Trailmanor on their website states 2” x 5” steel frame - so there’s my answer. I ordered a hitch so it is here when I go pickup the TM. Just waiting for my TV to be delivered, Jeep has had an issue with their system and orders are delayed aargh! it’s been 10 weeks already! Can’t wait to get this thing on the road
Old 05-06-2022, 05:49 AM   #24
Shane826
TrailManor Master

Yeah that’s the right frame size. If it’s a slide model and it has the low slung propane tanks that ride down in the A-frame you’ll need to make some kind of spacer to push the outer bracket away from the frame rail, otherwise the bottom rail of the propane tank carriage gets in the way of the adjuster nuts. Myself and eddugo have explained how to do this elsewhere on this site.
SMARTER THAN GOOGLE!
Shane826 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 06:55 PM   #25
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Bill- The Andersen is a whole different animal. I had the same issue as Ed, and stole his solution. The Andersen WDH does 99% of everything they say it does; I’ve had an issue with noise. But otherwise, I’m a fan.
That's really weird. I just installed the Anderson WDH on my 2009 2720SL (with swing tongue) same year as Ed's.

After reading about your installation, I got myself all prepared to put that spacer in as you did. When I got to that part, my frame was perfect for the installation without the spacer. It looks like TM may just cut those frames in a random spot and weld in the supports just so that that everything is square. I guess that I may have just lucked or........ ORRRRR did I miss something?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AndersonHitch.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	3.94 MB
ID:	20823  
Old 05-09-2022, 07:22 PM   #26
simoesxp

Wavery, I am hoping mine is like yours - and it looks like you didn’t need the chain extension in the end, that’s the perfect outcome! Will let you know in a couple of weeks.
Old 05-10-2022, 08:15 PM   #27
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavery View Post
That's really weird. I just installed the Anderson WDH on my 2009 2720SL (with swing tongue) same year as Ed's.

After reading about your installation, I got myself all prepared to put that spacer in as you did. When I got to that part, my frame was perfect for the installation without the spacer. It looks like TM may just cut those frames in a random spot and weld in the supports just so that that everything is square. I guess that I may have just lucked or........ ORRRRR did I miss something?
I see what I did wrong. I didn't have it hooked up to the truck

Once I put it on the truck and adjusted the tension nuts, the end of the chain bolt hits the frame (Barely). I'll mess with it a bit more tomorrow but I think that's my best solution, on my trailer is to simply cut the length of the bolt down by about 2-threads.

I have the spacer just in case, but I can't imagine any issue with cutting a half inch off of those bolts. If I end up using the spacers, I would feel better welding them together. The issue with that is, I had a pacemaker put in about 2-years ago and I'm not supposed to operate an arc welder anymore and I'll be darned if I'm going to pay to have it welded.
Old 05-11-2022, 05:37 AM   #28
Shane826
TrailManor Master

The way mine was set up I couldn’t get a ratchet and socket on the adjuster nuts. I don’t remember if the bolts were hitting the frame on the end or pushed up against it on the sides. But then again I don’t have a regular swing-tongue so maybe my dimensions are different.

Edit: Ah. Just saw you did have the clearance issue once everything was under tension.
SMARTER THAN GOOGLE!
Shane826 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 08:32 AM   #29
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
The way mine was set up I couldn’t get a ratchet and socket on the adjuster nuts. I don’t remember if the bolts were hitting the frame on the end or pushed up against it on the sides. But then again I don’t have a regular swing-tongue so maybe my dimensions are different.

Edit: Ah. Just saw you did have the clearance issue once everything was under tension.
I didn't really care about the adjuster socket. I just used a crescent wrench on those nuts. I marked one of the points on the adjuster nuts so that I could get the proper 4-turns.

Instead of cutting the chain bolts down. I simply removed one link of chain and everything works perfect. I took it for a 20-mile test ride in out local hills on some twisty roads and pretty good grades. Everything sits level and seems to ride well. I'm happy with it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3713b.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	6.58 MB
ID:	20829   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3715b.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	9.45 MB
ID:	20830