TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-19-2016, 08:29 PM   #1
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Default New Curtains for the Trailmanor and some other work completed on it

We were really tired of the Curtains and window dressing in our TM. We wanted a change...I thought about it...did some research...and people are hanging large curtain rods in homes the 3M products. I found various ideas by googling around. Lots of people hang sheers that puddle on the floor with decorative 3M hooks. The type of hook you would hang a bathrobe or towel on ...and some even larger than that. I decided to try a smaller hook because I only want to hang something from a Cape Cod type rod. I found something I liked on sale at J.C. Penneys. When I ordered they were out of stock. I found then again at Swag Galore...and they were less than half the cost of the same ones at Penneys.

I ordered the curtains and rods and they arrived. I basically bought the hooks at Home Depot in multi packs. There is a flat tab that sticks to the camper inside wall. The hook slides over the tab when you wish to hang the curtain. It took less than 5 minutes to take down the curtains and lay then on the sofa. I then slide off the hook and stored all the hooks in a gallon zip lock. The flat clear tab part is about a sixteenth of an inch thick. It does not affect closing the TM at all. I also clipped new sprint type closepins on the ends of the rods so the curtains don't slip off. BTW the curtains have a Sun Zero fabric on the back side in a pale gray. It looks nice from outside and you can not see into the camper through the curtains. The curtains are light filtering. I did hang 36 inch length in the living room area and might decise to shorten them at some point. They look nice...but after I was finished I decided I like the 25 inch ones in the bed area and next to the stove the best. If I do trim/hem them I will use the access for tiebacks. We don't like the curtains closed all of the time. We also removed and recycled all the plastic tracks from the orignal curtains. We replace the crews we removed for now. Looks ok with the screws there...may do something else eventually. Some of the original curtains took a beating from the flat tire...they were not worth giving away.
I will post some photos as soon as I find the link to do so.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 08:38 PM   #2
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Default New Camper Curtain Photo 1

The original price at Penneys was 35.00 a pair...Swag Galore had them for 10.99 in both 24 inch and 36 inch. ehe rods were 4.99 for 9 windows and 7.99 for two windows.

I shrank the photo...and hope it is the correct size allowed.

This photo does show the 3M hook that I used.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	new camper curtain pic 2 (2).jpg
Views:	213
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	14512  

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

Old 12-19-2016, 08:41 PM   #3
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Default Swag Galore link

http://www.swagsgalore.com/woodland-...chtenberg.html

My photos do not do justice for these curtains...and neither does the website photos.

Old 12-19-2016, 08:48 PM   #4
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Default more photos

We have eleven window including the one on the door. Some have two panels ...the biggest windows have 4 panels and the ones at each end have 3 panels. My husband cut one rod way down and I have one panel on the door window.

You can wash and dry the curtains. I thought about air fluffing the folds out but I think they will come out naturally.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	New camper curtain pic 3.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	14513   Click image for larger version

Name:	New camper curtain pic 5.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	14514   Click image for larger version

Name:	New camper curtain pic 6.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	14515  

Old 12-19-2016, 09:02 PM   #5
Bowfreak

Can you take some photos of the hooks and rod set up?
Old 12-19-2016, 09:03 PM   #6
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Default Other work done on the TM recently

As I said we installed two black fender skirts, one new tire well, four new latch hooks and 4 hold downs. I bought two Lift arm pocket covers because some has small cracks. We decided to wait until they are worse. They are not that bad...just a small crack where they screw on...on one side. We found a larger door hook to replace the one that pulled out. We found a neat product to fill in a hole so that a screw will stay in. We found the door hook and hole filler at Home Depot. This hook is the one that keeps the lower part of the door shut when you fold down. One hinge on the cabinet door below our stove top and Microware/toaster oven broke ...we could not find an exact replacement and replaced this while on the road with one that is very similar...this did require new holes to mount it.

We have always had one screw that was not seated solidly in the door window. Now it is and I will be back to post a link to the product we used to fix it. This product could also be used for the pegs that lock the sofa in place etc.

Old 12-19-2016, 09:15 PM   #7
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Default 3M Hooks

These are the hooks we used: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Command-W...MPES/206180512 or very similar. The camper is sore in the down position in my back yard under the canopy. It has been on the driveway for about a month. I don't think my dh wants to get it back out until after Christmas when we go for new tires for it.

I will take a photo tomorrow of how the hook works. One cool thing is if you try it and don't like it or find you need to adjust it for a new position it is simple and economical to do so. If you decide to remove the clear bracket that the hook slides on to...you just pull the tab straight down and the 3M tab stretches and releases what it is holding. It does not mar wall paper or paint.

The rods are light weight inexpensive Cape Code style curtain rods. I will post the link for them in a few minutes.

Old 12-19-2016, 09:27 PM   #8
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Default Mr. Grip

I cut strips of Mr. Grip...stuff them in the hole...and finally got the screw seated after 9 years of trying.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Crown-Bol...0158/202105579

Old 12-19-2016, 09:37 PM   #9
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Default Cafe Rods

These are the rods I bought...I guess I paid 5.00 each except for the two big windows I paid 7.99 each. The package was really log for the rods and curtains but really light and pretty reasonable for shipping. http://www.swagsgalore.com/caferods.html I bought the white and brass ones. I will correct the price for the rods.

On the other hand...shipping from the TM plant was 65.00...but that was because of the fender skirts and wheel well liner. BIG package!

We came to realize we hunt only 118 miles from the factory and are considering a visit to the new factory next bow hunting season.

Old 12-20-2016, 03:39 PM   #10
logcabin

Default Mr Grip

Mr. Grip. http://www.homedepot.com/p/Crown-Bol...0158/202105579
Looks like a great product! Thanks for sharing this information.

2004 2720SL
2012 Toyota Tundra
logcabin is offline   Reply With Quote