TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2022, 12:04 PM   #1
TMfor4ofus

Default Water leaks out the city inlet? On pump mode

Were having water leaking out of the city water inlet connection. When the pump is on I see some water dripping down from there. Is something wrong with the pump? Or the one way valve on the city water hose? Or both?
Old 08-04-2022, 02:46 PM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Are you saying that you hook up the city water connection, turn it on and all is well - and then you turn on the pump and get water dripping down the outside of the trailer, at the city water hose connection? I don't think this is what you mean, but if so, my first question is why do you turn on the pump?

More likely you mean that you do not hook up the city water hose. Instead, you put water in the TM's fresh water storage tank, turn on the pump, and then see water drooling down the outside of the trailer, coming from the city water hose connection. In this case, the picture at

https://www.trailmanorowners.com/for...&pictureid=435

suggests that the pump is producing pressure as it should, and the fault is at the one-way valve at the city water connection. Fortunately, I believe that the city water hose connection, including the one way valve, is available as a single assembly. Check one of the RV parts supply places like Dyers Online, PPL Motor Homes, or Etrailer. The whole assembly should pull straight out through the wall of the trailer, but if there is not enough slack or movement in the pipe from the assembly into the trailer, installation may be tougher simply for lack of access.

Before you do this, I think it is worth hooking up a city water hose and running a few quarts through the fitting and into the trailer - just drain it into the gray water tank or out on the ground. If there is a small piece of crud in the one-way valve, this will dislodge it.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 04:56 PM   #3
TMfor4ofus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Are you saying that you hook up the city water connection, turn it on and all is well - and then you turn on the pump and get water dripping down the outside of the trailer, at the city water hose connection? I don't think this is what you mean, but if so, my first question is why do you turn on the pump?

More likely you mean that you do not hook up the city water hose. Instead, you put water in the TM's fresh water storage tank, turn on the pump, and then see water drooling down the outside of the trailer, coming from the city water hose connection. In this case, the picture at

https://www.trailmanorowners.com/for...&pictureid=435

suggests that the pump is producing pressure as it should, and the fault is at the one-way valve at the city water connection. Fortunately, I believe that the city water hose connection, including the one way valve, is available as a single assembly. Check one of the RV parts supply places like Dyers Online, PPL Motor Homes, or Etrailer. The whole assembly should pull straight out through the wall of the trailer, but if there is not enough slack or movement in the pipe from the assembly into the trailer, installation may be tougher simply for lack of access.

Before you do this, I think it is worth hooking up a city water hose and running a few quarts through the fitting and into the trailer - just drain it into the gray water tank or out on the ground. If there is a small piece of crud in the one-way valve, this will dislodge it.

Bill
To clarify your guess was right. When running the pump with no city water hose it slowly drips out at the city water connect and drips down the side of the trailer. I'll look into that situation next. I just figured out why the fridge wasnt working on LP. Soot buildup in the flue. see my post on Appliances if interested. Thank YOU
Old 08-05-2022, 02:45 PM   #4
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Sorry about the dead link in my post above. My fault - fixed now.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 05:20 AM   #5
marend37
Site Sponsor

This happens to us occasionally. The water will drip out of the city water connection or as it did this past weekend it was a large enough stream it threw the rubber plug a few feet.

There must be some little crud as mentioned or the spring is weak.

My process has been to just wiggle the check valve at the hose end with my finger. I usually turn off the pump beforehand so there isn't as much pressure and it don't get too wet.

- Mike
Monroe, Michigan
2005 TM 3124KB
marend37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 02:18 PM   #6
wbmiller3
Site Sponsor

The check valve in mine went bad. It was easy to replace the fitting. See this thread.

https://www.trailmanorowners.com/for...ht=check+valve
2018 F150 towing 2001 2619; lift kit & 15" wheels
wbmiller3 is offline   Reply With Quote