TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2020, 05:33 PM   #11
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Here's another version of the reservations problem.

Every year for many years, my wife and I have driven (with TM in tow) from Maine to Arizona in the fall to enjoy the Arizona winter. And then we have driven from Arizona to Maine in the spring, to enjoy the coast of Maine and avoid Arizona's summer heat. We have always spent about three weeks making the trip in each direction, taking in the wonderful sights across all 48 lower states.

Right now, we are in Arizona. We should be leaving in a month, but with all the hotels, parks, and campgrounds closed, I'm not sure we will be able to do it. But our "reservation" in Arizona is about to expire, and our "reservation" in Maine may have to be cancelled. We hope not to get stranded in AZ this summer, and we don't want to miss life on the coast of Maine. But I guess there are worse things.

Still hoping for a reprieve. But like all of you, we understand the reservation problems.

Bill
I was reading on another form where a snow bird from Main was heading up from FL. North of GA the only campgrounds they could find was KOA because all the SP's and federal lands were closed.
tentcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 06:53 PM   #12
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

I'll be perfectly happy to stay in KOAs if that's what it takes. They can be a bit pricey, but they are generally nice. We've found only one or two that were pretty sucky.

If we can get back to Maine, anything we pay for lodging on the road is small potatoes compared to running the air conditioner in AZ all summer.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 08:23 PM   #13
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

Our long trip this winter we did some free camping through the colder states where we did not want to de-winterize. We stayed at a cabela's, cracker barrel and in WV we stated at a city park.
Old 04-05-2020, 09:43 AM   #14
oldstick
TrailManor Master

GA State Parks still open right now, but I figure it's only a matter of time before that changes. Their offices and camp stores all closed and things like kid's playgrounds, museums etc. also closed. You have to call in advance of arrival to check-in and they will have your paperwork waiting at your site.

The bright side is it is a good opportunity for a spring getaway at some of the most popular, hard to reserve parks as they are temporarily allowing cancellations without penalty, and a lot of folks are doing just that.
oldstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 06:53 PM   #15
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

We had the state cancel our april reservations. Sure our May 's will also be cancelled. I bet June's will also be cancelled.
Old 04-05-2020, 08:23 PM   #16
Shane826
TrailManor Master

We were just about to start making our summer plans when CV hit. We camp mostly to ride coasters, and for concerts. That’s gonna be the last place anyone will want to be, large crowds of people etc... Now, along with Disneyland, all the amusement parks are closed and delaying openings. I’ve heard the biggest tour of the summer is about to be cancelled, and I’m sure a bunch of others will be as well. If things don’t improve by mid- to late-May, I will probably write off the summer and just try to be like Humpty Dumpty and have a great Fall...

As for KOAs, I follow several of them on Facebook. They seem to all be open for business as long as you are fully self contained. Stores, shower houses, pools, playgrounds, pavilions, and any other common areas are closed. So it’s pretty much a parking spot for your camper. I’ve read they are mostly staying open for traveling construction workers who stay at the campground a long term during a job.
SMARTER THAN GOOGLE!
Shane826 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 10:21 AM   #17
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

State by State of Campground Status.

State by State: Open/Closed

For me it looks like Indiana is the only State Parks within 2 states from us that is open.
Old 04-07-2020, 11:48 AM   #18
BillnSue

Default Texas as of today

At the direction of Gov. Greg Abbott, Texas State Parks will be closed to the public effective at the close of business Tuesday, April 7 in order to maintain the safest environment for visitors, volunteers and staff. The Texas Parks and Wildlife Department (TPWD) will continue to stay current with the latest public health recommendations and will announce when a definite reopening date has been determined.