TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Trailmanor Elkmont Models
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2010, 04:22 PM   #1
Beak12

Default New Elkmont

Well we did it. After having a 2720SL for about 1.5 years we are moving up (?) I guess to a Elkmont (with bunk beds) my age and health just will not allow me to set up the 2720 with out help from other campers in the park. All have been vary will to help however. We will be using my 2720 for the last time the first of March and picking up the new Elkmont the first of April. Again were dealing with Custom RV. Great folks.

http://www.customrvsales.com/index.html
Old 02-17-2010, 06:27 PM   #2
brulaz

Congrats!

We too have just purchased an Elkmont (Texas R.V. Center) and are eagerly looking forward to picking it up mid-March.

They sure look beautiful from the pictures, and the accounts from people on this forum seem to confirm it. Actually it was this forum that sold us on Trailmanor in general and the Elkmont in particular. A great resource.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:51 PM   #3
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Good for you! They really are beautiful trailers. I like our TM but IMHO the Elkmonts are really classy both inside and out. The bathroom is so much better than ours.

It will be so much easier for you to just pull into a campsite and unhitch it (or not!). We had an upright trailer and it was nice to just put things back into the closets and go. When we got to the campground, everything was ready.

The older I get, the more I appreciate the days that I get to enjoy camping, and whatever makes them better with what little time DH & I get to take off together, seems more and more worth it.

Enjoy!

Hope to see you at one of the rallies this year with your new Elkmont!
Old 02-17-2010, 09:09 PM   #4
robertkennel

Look foward to seeing the trailer in Petaluma Robert
Old 02-17-2010, 11:36 PM   #5
Beak12

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertkennel View Post
Look foward to seeing the trailer in Petaluma Robert
Not sure we can make the rally in Pataluma this time. Besides the fun at the rally-grandkids only live about 5 miles away. That in it's self is a vary strong draw.

John
Old 02-17-2010, 11:45 PM   #6
Beak12

Quote:
Originally Posted by brulaz View Post
Congrats!

We too have just purchased an Elkmont (Texas R.V. Center) and are eagerly looking forward to picking it up mid-March.

They sure look beautiful from the pictures, and the accounts from people on this forum seem to confirm it. Actually it was this forum that sold us on Trailmanor in general and the Elkmont in particular. A great resource.
No one in CA or anywhere close had a Elkmont with a couch in the front to look at. So last year (we were near Jamestown NY) we rented a car and drove to Mentor RV. Liked what we saw but were unable to make up our minds. Mentor RV were vary nice to talk to and even knowing we were from CA they showed us everything they had. But loyalty is hard to break and so we made the deal with Custom RV in LA.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:32 PM   #7
PopBeavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wahlsten View Post
Not sure we can make the rally in Pataluma this time. Besides the fun at the rally-grandkids only live about 5 miles away. That in it's self is a vary strong draw.

John
Pismo in September will be a lot closer to San Diego than Petaluma.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:49 PM   #8
Beak12

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopBeavers View Post
Pismo in September will be a lot closer to San Diego than Petaluma.
Well, we do have it marked on the calendar. But have not said yes to anybody doing the organizing. We hope to be in western NY the month of Aug. So when we get home it's catch up the Doc and other health things. LOL But we are hoping.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:43 PM   #9
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Well, it would be nice to see you again at either of the rallies! I purchased some electric fly swatters at Harbor Freight that I thought might come in handy, especially in Petaluma, and I will definitely bring them along. I'm still not sure if we're going though, last year at that time I just wanted to sleep for a few days and maybe do some garden planting .
Old 02-19-2010, 01:13 AM   #10
robertkennel

My friend who lives in Petaluma says the flies won't be an issue at that time of the year(April). I hope he's correct!