TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-12-2015, 10:46 PM   #1
nwhouston

Default Side lower seal repair on front end

I found that the lower seal on the front driver side for our pull out (3124KS) was loose when I recently set up our trailer to get ready to camp. The seal is normally not seen as it is attached to the front upper shell and is covered by the interior side seal that velcros in place. On the passenger side the seal is still fixed (does not move up and down when I give it a little pressure). But the driver side seal moves up and down by pivoting on the 'apparent' connection to the upper shell side. I think it is a 2x3 that is covered in vinyl and somehow attached to the upper shell. i think the only mission for this lower seal is to keep moisture / rain / snow /mud out of the unit when it is closed and running down the road. When the unit is set up at the camp site one would not even care about this seal. When the trailer is being set up, the aluminum latch that we push up onto the pin at the four corners comes right up under this lower seal (only exists on my unit on the front).

Has anyone had an issue with one of these front lower seals coming loose and successfully fixed the problem? Appreciate any advice. The unit is currently at my storage unit so I cannot set it up for a picture right now. I suspect all TM's have a similar seal on the front sides.
2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L 6 speed auto
+P3 brake controller
nwhouston is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lower front seal