TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Feedback to TrailManor
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2012, 08:47 AM   #1
LeChateau2012

Default Quality

Dear Trailmanor Manufacturer.

I love my TM but when we received it i was a lil disappointed in the workmanship. This is a brand spankin new 2012 2619 purchase.

The caulking around the door window was overloaded.
The screws in the door were uneven and other places as well.
The cut around the inside of the wardrobe was left unfinished.
The caulking in and around other areas were overloaded. ???
The piece that supports the cushion in the dinette was stapled with fabric on one side only. So when you look at the other side all you see is staples????
The stove looks as if it is protruding because it is not screwed down properly.

You have a great product and are very pricey! So i would like for you to take into consideration the little things that make a difference.
I know these things are little but if they were not there i would feel much better that the manufacturer cared a little more about their product.

Other than that im happy with my TM !!!!!!!!
Old 05-18-2012, 07:33 PM   #2
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeChateau2012 View Post
Dear Trailmanor Manufacturer.

I love my TM but when we received it i was a lil disappointed in the workmanship. This is a brand spankin new 2012 2619 purchase.

The caulking around the door window was overloaded.
The screws in the door were uneven and other places as well.
The cut around the inside of the wardrobe was left unfinished.
The caulking in and around other areas were overloaded. ???
The piece that supports the cushion in the dinette was stapled with fabric on one side only. So when you look at the other side all you see is staples????
The stove looks as if it is protruding because it is not screwed down properly.

You have a great product and are very pricey! So i would like for you to take into consideration the little things that make a difference.
I know these things are little but if they were not there i would feel much better that the manufacturer cared a little more about their product.

Other than that im happy with my TM !!!!!!!!

You aren't alone in questioning finished quality control. We purchased ours in 2008 brand new & it also had a list of things that need fixed. We tried taking it to the plant & honestly most things were fixed accept for the clearance lights on the rear which I ended up fixing my self later.

For what these cost new I would have expected better quality control. In my company we strive for the best quality job we can deliver & anything less is not acceptable but we are in the top price rage for our industry also.

Once you get all the issues fixed you will like your TM though.

2008 3023
2016 Ford F150 Platinum FX4
2003 Land Rover Discovery
EAZLift 1000lb WDH & Sway Control
Tekonsha P-3 Trailer Brake Controller - Proportional

http://www.hickscarpetcare.com/forum...mpSite2008.jpg
mcgyver210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 09:23 AM   #3
Brittany Dogs
TrailManor Master

I wrote a letter to the factory about my 2011 unit and I made sure there was a balance of complements and complaints. If the company I work for made a TrailManor unit, it would be near perfect because of all the quality control mechanisms we employ into each serial number we make.

But the trailer would be 10x the cost of what they cost now. I'm not kidding you.

Even Class-A half million dollar units have a punch list of things that are wrong.

What bothers me is that each new unit has "low hanging fruit" that is easy to find if they just do a little testing. Like for example water leaks and power or polarity checks on the 12v system.

The dealers are often way too far away to return the unit for warranty repairs of the smaller stuff. So yes, season #1 is often the fix-it season but once that is out of the way, the unit is a lot of fun especially if the weather outside is lousy.
2011, Model 2720SD, 13.5k btu Dometic Low Profile Penguin II with a user installed Easy-Start modification, "Jack" TV Antenna, 15" Goodyear Marathon 225/75R15D Tires on Alloy Wheels, Swing Hitch, Electric Tongue Jack, Front Window (now an option). Powered with a Honda 2000i or 3000 handi (depending on the weather) generator when dry camping. Powered with two 6V Trojan T145 batteries when I need to run silent and deep. TV = 2016 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab w/ WDH.

Home Port: Western New York.
Brittany Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 12:03 PM   #4
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

For what TM cost they can & should do a better job with quality control. They are one of the most expensive Travel trailers in their class so I can't accept excuses as to why their quality control doesn't catch these little things as they are being called.

Now with that said there is NO Excuse for not fixing a problem once & for all when it is found by the purchaser & they are given a chance to fix it under warranty at even more expense & inconvenience to the purchaser.

I like our TM but I was not 100% satisfied with the quality of the service after the purchase which may effect my decision on purchasing another in the future. Mine was purchased New also so I am the one that they truly made a profit on although I personally think that shouldn't matter.

Anything said before the sale, project etc is a professional opinion, Anything after is just an Excuse.

2008 3023

Old 05-21-2012, 08:49 AM   #5
LeChateau2012

I am a detail oriented person so i notice everything
i know sometimes i wish i didnt.
and Its the little things, i mean TM has a great product that is the compliment and by far the best trailer i have ever seen!

So far we have taken it out 4 times since 4/19/12 and are enjoying it to the fullest as we are so very grateful to become first time RV'ers ! I don't have any regrets and will be keeping my trailer for years to come (god willing).
Old 05-21-2012, 10:56 AM   #6
PopBeavers

The quality of my 2005 TM 2720 exceeds the quality of nearly every car and truck I have owned since my first car, a used 1968 Impala.

1. kink in the air vent hose to the water tank.

2. I needed someone to show me how to pop the top of the stove off. Not the grate, the entire top.

3. At 1 year the frame cracked. Dealer repaired with a weld and an additional strap.

4. At year 3 the awning fabric tore in a light wind. This is an issue with the awning company, not TM.

5. There was an air gap behind the closet. Noticeable only in early spring and late fall on windy nights. I fixed this myself.

6. When the person sleeping in the front bed weights 230 pounds, and the dinette is made into a bed, the weight of the person, if not places strategically over the support areas, is risky. I now use a sheet of hardboard to help distribute the load. Arguably this is not a quality issue. This is a design issue.

Poor quality means not meaning the design specifications.

Poor design means you do not like the way it works.

Don't confuse quality with design.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:42 PM   #7
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopBeavers View Post

Poor quality means not meaning the design specifications.

Poor design means you do not like the way it works.

Don't confuse quality with design.
Wayne I agree 100% & as far as I am concerned the design works in general. Most of my issues were all related to quality control IMO.

2008 3023

Old 05-21-2012, 05:56 PM   #8
Scottie Dogs

Hi-

I have been reading this and my problem living in Gold Canyon Arizona just a little east of Mesa, I would not have a clue how to buy a new TM. The only thing I can do is look for a used one (if I wanted to upgrade) and keep my fingers crossed that things work after a small check up on the trailer.

My idea if I get a used one a few years old and have to do some remodeling and get it fixed a little bit I am way ahead of the game price wise, that is what I did last May from a trailer dealer so far away from me. I can’t drive to TN. for warranty service...

So I guess I can never buy a new TM here. Now if I want to buy a new Ford truck I have 5 dealers within 10 miles from me, that is no problem...

If the price is right on used and using this forum you will be in GREAT shape... How much can go wrong that can’t be fixed by the new owner of a used TM.

Dave
Old 05-21-2012, 07:33 PM   #9
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

I wanted it to be clear we like our TM for the way we use it especially since our Land Rover can tow it just fine.

I wont sugar coat it IMO for what we spent on our TM Quality control for my unit was lacking although I now have fixed everything to the best of my knowledge.

2008 3023

Old 05-22-2012, 06:58 AM   #10
Joseph

Thumbs up Agree...

I agree. For what they cost a little more attention to how they roll off the line would be most welcomed. However on the flip side, for what they do and how much they weigh, there is no comparison. I personally will not purchase another TM. Not unless fuel goes through the roof that is.... and even then I would hope that there would be some competition.