TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Feedback to TrailManor
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-10-2012, 12:10 PM   #1
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

Default Additional storage in 2417

Factory: An additional flat, fairly-large storage space could be utilized above the refrigerator, if, instead of sealing the facia above the 'fridge, the panel (about 5" x 22", I believe) was put on a couple of inward-opening hinges. Yes, the inward opening would reduce the size of the storage space, bit it would retain the clean trim look. Or, it could be an outward-opening cover, but that would take a little more trim to finish the edges of the "door".

Also, the drawers are about 4" shorter than they could be. If they were 4" longer, you could still get them out of the drawer bay, so that is not the issue.

Finally, have the assemblers pay a bit more attention to detail. The latches on the beds don't align with the receiver holes very well. I simply plugged the old screwholes, and re-mounted the latches, and they work smoothly. Simple attention to detail during assembly. If the latches are not put on in-place, but mounted before the bed is inserted, that is an issue. May just need to change the assembly method.
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:24 PM   #2
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

I don't know if this would work for you, but I keep a couple of cassette tape carriers (got them at the Goodwill or ? and took the plastic thingeys out that held the cassette tapes). I keep things in there that we don't use too often, extra fuses, light bulbs, wires, repair parts, etc.) and they fit nicely underneath the bottom drawer under our wardrobe. When you start looking around you may find more places that you can use.