TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2010, 06:34 PM   #1
Doctorlock

Default Using an Elkmont 26 for full time RVing?

I'm looking for comments on using an Elkmont 26 for full time use, towed by a Dodge Sprinter van. I'm single, and prepping to travel full time. I picked the Trailmanor for weight considerations as I already own the TV. Any and all ideas would greatly appreciated. Thanks, Bill
Old 10-23-2010, 12:37 AM   #2
Beak12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorlock View Post
I'm looking for comments on using an Elkmont 26 for full time use, towed by a Dodge Sprinter van. I'm single, and prepping to travel full time. I picked the Trailmanor for weight considerations as I already own the TV. Any and all ideas would greatly appreciated. Thanks, Bill
I think it would work out fine. We have had about 7 different types of RV's from a VW camper to a 37' class A. We traveled for 9 months at two different times. And lived for 2 years in our 35' class A while my wife got ready to retire.
We thought our RV days were over and sold everything. But we missed short RV trips so we got a TM 2720SL and then moved over to a 24' Elkmont. I think a 26' Elkmont would be great for long term living/traveling it gives you the small Bedroom which you can close if folks stop by and you have enough room to not feel closed in. It should work out fine.

John
Old 10-23-2010, 06:16 PM   #3
BOB_STRONG
Site Sponsor

I would not be afraid to travel full time in our 26 Elkmont. For just one person, you have plenty of inside & outside storage. Of course your Sprinter van will allow you to store a lot of things in there too.

The refrig & freezer are plenty large enough so you don't have to run to the store every day. You have a large enough bathroom with a lot of storage also.

Our 26 Elkmont really pulls real well with my new 2011 Dodge Ram truck. When we had the Durango, I did not have any problems towing the trailer. The Elkmont is not real heavy like other trailers that size so I still get good gas mileage.

If you decide to get an Elkmont 26, make sure you get both TV's. The large 22 inch TV in the living room area is real nice. They put a 19 inch TV in the bedroom.

Another nice thing is that the Elkmont cools down & heats real easy. The furnace has heat ducts in the bathroom, the front bedroom, and also in the kitchen living room area. With the ducts, you don't have real hot or cold spots like in the regular TrailManors.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:37 AM   #4
Doctorlock

Smile Thanks

Thanks for all help