TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Trailmanor Elkmont Models
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2010, 10:31 PM   #31
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

iamstrail -

You do not have access to that thread because your 30-day trial membership expired last year. As a result, you are missing about 90% of the forum, which is alot of info!

That thread had posts from a number of members discussing a few different ideas. You can gain access to it and the other 90% of the forum that you are missing by becoming a member for $12/year. The membership helps defray the expenses of running this forum, and prevents having advertisements being plastered all over the place.

In my opinion, and I think in the opinion of most, if not all, of our active members, the cost is a pittance in comparison to the cost of ownership of a TM, and will likely be the best $12 you'll ever spend in relation to your trailer. It has been for me, and I'm coming up on my 4th year of membership.

More info, and a link to sign up for membership, is here:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...faq_membership

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:58 PM   #32
iamstrail

Could not access this part of forum. We re-newed our membership when purchased Elkmont in Oct. '09. Pls advise. Thank you, von iams
Old 04-22-2010, 10:04 PM   #33
iamstrail

Quote:
Originally Posted by brulaz View Post
Just leave the frig in auto mode and leave your propane tanks on. When you unplug the 120V, check the propane light on the frig. It should come on to indicate that you are using propane.

Agreed about the manual.

The AC recall only applies to Carrier models. Our Elkmont did not come with a Carrier AC, so no recall service necessary.

Our toilet lid stays up, but it is vertical, touching the wall corner. I can see if the toilet were positioned slightly to the right, we would have your problem. Not sure what to suggest: self-adhesive velcro patches? some sort of latch on the wall?
Do you have a 2009 Elkmont, 24'? That is our model. The toilet is situated so far to the right that the lid and seat hit the curved part of wall. When we brought it to dealer's attention they looked very surprised, made a call and said it appears all are that way...???? Is this accurate? thanks, von iams
PS Custom RV agreed to come out about surging brakes when can schedule.
thanks again to everyone who offered suggestions and reassurance.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:29 PM   #34
iamstrail

Correction: Ours is a 2010 24'Elkmont, just checked data sheet.
Says completed Aug 2009, we purchased it late in Sept. '09
Sorry for error, vonnie iams
Old 04-23-2010, 06:48 AM   #35
brulaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamstrail View Post
Do you have a 2009 Elkmont, 24'? That is our model. The toilet is situated so far to the right that the lid and seat hit the curved part of wall. When we brought it to dealer's attention they looked very surprised, made a call and said it appears all are that way...???? Is this accurate?
Ours was built in December 2009. And our toilet lid does NOT hit the curved part of the wall, but comes very close. Also our toilet is NOT the recirculating type which is available for the Elkmont, according to the catalogue.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:40 AM   #36
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

iamstrail -

Regarding your membership. You initially joined in July '09, and the renewed in October '09. To renew requires payment of the $12 sponsor fee, as outlined in the post pointed out by ShrimpBurrito. You can't renew without it. If you paid the fee and still are not a Site Sponsor, please send a PM (Private Message) to Chris Tretta (member screen name Chris). In it, tell him when you paid, how you paid (check, PayPal, etc), and any relevant information such as check number or PayPal confirmation number. Be sure to include an email address and your real name, since the payment will probably not reflect your screen name. It can be hard to associate a check from Jane Doe with member name GirlDeer.

Chris doesn't check in every day, but he is real good about this stuff. If you don't have an answer in a week, repeat the query in an email to [email protected]. I'll be gone for a bit, but I will send him a query as well.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:02 PM   #37
iamstrail

Thank you, heard from webmaster. Appears ck I sent was for TrailBlazers. Will send $ for full access this week. Thanks again, von iams
Old 04-23-2010, 10:07 PM   #38
iamstrail

Quote:
Originally Posted by brulaz View Post
Ours was built in December 2009. And our toilet lid does NOT hit the curved part of the wall, but comes very close. Also our toilet is NOT the recirculating type which is available for the Elkmont, according to the catalogue.
Does anyone own an 2010 Elkmont assembled prior to Dec. 2009 that has properly opening toilet (does not hit the curved part of bathroom wall?)
Per data card, ours is a Thetford 24300 and is positioned so close to the curving wall that both the lid and seat hit it in the open position.

thanks, v iams http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...s/confused.gif
Old 04-24-2010, 08:03 AM   #39
brulaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamstrail View Post
Per data card, ours is a Thetford 24300 and is positioned so close to the curving wall that both the lid and seat hit it in the open position.
That sounds like the recirculating version of the Thetford. My guess is that they designed the toilet installation for the non-recirculating model, like ours, then forgot that the recirculating version is wider.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:30 AM   #40
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Iamstrail -

Thanks for letting us (me) know the result of the membership renewal question. Not often, but once in a while, the problem that you described occurs, and sometimes it is hard to trace down. It never occurred to me that it might be a mixup with the Trailblazers membership. Next time, I'll be smarter, and ask that first.

Thanks again.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote