TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-20-2008, 05:38 PM   #11
PopBeavers

I'm confused about the difference between the "rear storage compartment" and the bumper storage.

I have the "rear storage compartment" that is big enough to hold my bbq, 3 white water hoses, fire pit, folding garbage cans and some other stuff. It can only be accessed when the rear shell is open and the rear bed is extended.

In the bumper is my sewage supplies, it has a pop off cover across the entire width. There are three sections.

I have never seen the old style so I do not know what it looks like. In October we have a west coast rally. Maybe one of the 30+ TMs will be the older style and I'll get to see one.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:48 PM   #12
mtnguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopBeavers View Post
I'm confused about the difference between the "rear storage compartment" and the bumper storage.

I have the "rear storage compartment" that is big enough to hold my bbq, 3 white water hoses, fire pit, folding garbage cans and some other stuff. It can only be accessed when the rear shell is open and the rear bed is extended.

In the bumper is my sewage supplies, it has a pop off cover across the entire width. There are three sections.

I have never seen the old style so I do not know what it looks like. In October we have a west coast rally. Maybe one of the 30+ TMs will be the older style and I'll get to see one.
Wayne, I worded my last post wrong. I should have written bumper storage area. I too have the rear storage compartment that I keep some of the same stuff that you do.

The bumper storage on the older TMs consist of a dropped metal pan extending from slightly under the TM to the square bumper.....same location as the present day area, but it doesn't have the dividers. It also has a pop off cover.....a long piece of diamond plate aluminum. Hopefully you can get to see one of the older style at the Rally......that ought to be a blast.

Chap
Old 08-21-2008, 08:46 AM   #13
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

By the way, I have an extra one of these diamond plate bumper-storage covers, free to any Sponsor who would like to come by my place near Phoenix and pick it up. No, it will not fit the new-style bumper storage. I posted this in the Parts section a couple years ago, and had no takers ...

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 10:42 PM   #14
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Thanks for the offer, Bill, I wonder if it would fit onto our bumper storage compartment, it would probably look a lot nicer than the black one we have.

We may make it down to the deserts of Southern CA again this winter, AZ isn't that far away, and we have a dear uncle we'd like to visit in Phoenix who is in his early 90's.