TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2005, 08:08 PM   #1
traveling girl

Default Hanging Pictures

I am in the decorating stage of my TM and am trying to figure out a way to hand pictures We have put velcro on the wall and on the backs of the pictures but after a day or so, they fall off. Even the velcro on the walls have pulled off. Does anyone have some suggestions?

Thank you,

Dorothy
2000 3124 King
Old 05-27-2005, 06:37 AM   #2
Seleya

That's weird that the velcro has fallen off. I use the heavy-duty velcro for my picture hanging (it's about 2" wide, black and wickedly grippy to the point that removing the pictures requires running a knife through the velcro to make it release or the back of the picture frame pops off) Maybe try the velcro again but prepare the surface more? Do you leave your pictures up while travelling? Maybe you need to take them down except for the picture on the bathroom wall. And only use picture frames whose backs are flush or nearly flush with the wall so the velcro can really attach.

Vicky
Old 05-27-2005, 07:44 AM   #3
hal

Try making your pictures lighter by replacing the metal frames with light weight wood and exchanging the heavy glass for plexiglass. It works for us.

Hal
Old 06-06-2005, 03:15 PM   #4
traveling girl

Thank you for your replies. I do some of the things suggested - taking pictures off the wall. But now I have industrial Velcro. We will try this when we camp this weekend.