TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Appliances
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-04-2013, 04:11 PM   #51
kn1ghtus

Default just bought a 2006 2720sl

I cannot for the life of me get this pilot light lite! I push the button in for 100 seconds and it never moves to green. I don't know how to get to the back or anything, I'm JUST NOW testing things to see how to get things working, Got the stove/range/heater/AC working. I have a leak in the bathroom sink I can't hand tighten I need to figure out. I can't get the fridge working-- pretty daunting :/
Old 06-04-2013, 06:36 PM   #52
rickst29
yes, they hunt lions.

Default Water Heater on Propane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kn1ghtus View Post
I cannot for the life of me get this pilot light lite! I push the button in for 100 seconds and it never moves to green. I don't know how to get to the back or anything, I'm JUST NOW testing things to see how to get things working...
There are two plastic panels on the "street side" of the TM. Use a flat-blade screwdriver to turn the clips vertical, and remove them. Everything which runs propane is on the bottom, but the best way to tell if it's getting heat (when you do achieve success) is to feel the fins on top. They will get hot.

Download the Norcold refrigerator manual, here. The steps on page 10, "Burner lights but does not maintain flame", cover everything except lack of spark.

You hold for a long time on the first click to let propane gas build up. The you do more clicks to light the flame.

If the flame does light, but the heat from the lighted flame never drives the thermocouple to indicate "green", then it's probably a bad thermocouple. (Or maybe a bad interrupter.) If the flame never even lights, then either the burner is dirty, the piezo "spark" device needs replacement, or there isn't sufficient gas pressure.

Be sure that the thermostat is turned to the maximum, highest numbered value when you start the fridge on Propane, and leave it there for several minutes to warm up the burner.