TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Camping Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-27-2015, 02:15 PM   #1
Craigrrr
TrailManor Master

Default First Outing with the TM Christmas camping

Well it was the first camping trip with the 2720SD and everything went well.
Only thing the toilet when flushed a couple drips from where it comes together with the seal, I will have to take it apart and install new seal or maybe some caulking>???? Furnace heats that place in no time. It was fun and it was colder than I would have liked it to be, but still fun. Dogs hated it , too cold they stayed inside and did not even want to walk outside. Spoiled AZ desert heat dogs LOL.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	camping picacho peak sp 12-25-15 004.JPG
Views:	55
Size:	1.71 MB
ID:	12745  

2008 2720SD
2008 Toyota Sienna XLE
2015 Prius v the money saver
Craigrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 03:35 PM   #2
Keith Wire
TrailManor Master

Craig,

Looks pretty, even if it was cold. Glad you had a good time.

Keith

P.S. On a different topic, it would be nice if you reduced the size of your images before posting them. This one is 1.7MB!!! WOW!!!

I just changed your image to a lower resolution and made it 600W X 800H and the size dropped to 51KB for a High Quality JPEG, or 21KB for a Medium Quality JPEG. Both of these are perfectly good for displaying on the web.

Bill wrote up instructions here: "How to shrink pictures before posting them"

Keith
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Craig.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	12746   Click image for larger version

Name:	Craig2.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	12747  
Keith Wire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 04:47 PM   #3
Craigrrr
TrailManor Master

Thanks Keith.

I have tried that with using paint, I thought it had worked. I use my Iphone for the pics not the camera this time. on this end it looked small. Sorry I will try it again. I am very computer illiterate .

2008 2720SD
2008 Toyota Sienna XLE
Old 12-27-2015, 07:00 PM   #4
Craigrrr
TrailManor Master

It was a great experience to tell the other campers that stopped by to watch us " erect" the TM. They were all in big ole TT and 5er's and a couple from a luxury motor coach. One couple told us they were living in a rockwoods pup for the next year and really wanted info about the TM, I just happened to have an extra brochure that TM had sent me. So I gave that to them. Just mayber another TM owner in the works.

2008 2720SD
2008 Toyota Sienna XLE
Old 12-27-2015, 07:36 PM   #5
br2_wdc

Default Future TM Owners Continued ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigrrr View Post
It was a great experience to tell the other campers that stopped by to watch us " erect" the TM. They were all in big ole TT and 5er's and a couple from a luxury motor coach. One couple told us they were living in a rockwoods pup for the next year and really wanted info about the TM, I just happened to have an extra brochure that TM had sent me. So I gave that to them. Just mayber another TM owner in the works.
Congrats on a successful maiden voyage! Our last camping trip I also drew a couple of people to "The Show" as I was folding our TM back down. They were actually tent camping and were amazed at how quickly it came down and were asking all kinds of questions. I would have signed autographs if they had asked ...
br2_wdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 08:13 PM   #6
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigrrr View Post
Only thing the toilet when flushed a couple drips from where it comes together with the seal, I will have to take it apart and install new seal or maybe some caulking????
No caulking! As I mentioned to you earlier in private communication, get a new foam donut / foam ring / flange seal for your toilet where it joins the outflow pipe in the floor. A standard household donut from the hardware store will not fit. You need a special RV part, from any RV dealer's service shop.

As another possibility, if the toilet is not mounted tightly to the floor (mounting nuts set to the proper height before engaging the wedges), the toilet will leak.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 08:33 PM   #7
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

Another easy tool to re-size photos is Gimp. I had to re-size photos frequently last year, and found it to be very useful.

The easiest way was to open the photo in Gimp, then go to Image>Mode>Indexed>Maximum Num Colors = 8

Then, go to Image>PrintSize>6" x whatever it changes to.

This should make a smaller file size, but keep the image good quality. If your image is small to start with, re-size (Image>PrintSize) before changing to Indexed colors.

Good luck!
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 08:46 PM   #8
Padgett
TrailManor Master

Toilet seal like this or this ?
Old 12-27-2015, 08:49 PM   #9
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

No wonder the dogs hated it - someone left the door open, so all the warm air got out!
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 08:50 PM   #10
Craigrrr
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
No caulking! As I mentioned to you earlier in private communication, get a new foam donut / foam ring / flange seal for your toilet where it joins the outflow pipe in the floor. A standard household donut from the hardware store will not fit. You need a special RV part, from any RV dealer's service shop.

As another possibility, if the toilet is not mounted tightly to the floor (mounting nuts set to the proper height before engaging the wedges), the toilet will leak.

Bill

Bill, I did replace the foam gasket with a new seal, that is fine no leaks at the floor flange mounting, this is the seal around the main housing, I probably did not specify enough. but it is the little black seal rubber that goes all around the tank and the upper housing where it drips a bit when flushing from the left upper corner. Here is the part Number I found Thetford 35781 Main Housing Seal, mine seams to just be in a wacky shape , like it was never installed right and the kinks in it never came out . So I thought maybe some silicone around that upper seal when putting it together after I take it apart again.

http://www.appliancezone.com/ShowProduct.aspx?ID=91290

2008 2720SD
2008 Toyota Sienna XLE