TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-22-2011, 03:37 PM   #1
rozhowe

Default Curtains for 3023

We have had our trailmanor 2009 3023 for 1.5 years and the curtains are all breaking/popping off. Where can I get curtains to replace those that are coming off?

Also I am very interested in additions everyone has made to there TM's. Would appreciate pictures and ideas to make camping easier in them. For example, we don't like to run the AC but would love to have a fan in the back for some extra air. Also there is an TV outlet in the back by the bed but where do you put the TV.

Has anyone had problems with the jack in the back (usually used for hauling bicycles).

Thanks,
Roz
Old 03-22-2011, 03:52 PM   #2
ng2951

Quote:
...Has anyone had problems with the jack in the back (usually used for hauling bicycles)...
I haven't used mine, but it is restricted to 100 pounds for everything...
Old 03-22-2011, 06:20 PM   #3
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

This is what I know about curtains for the TM.

The curtains in mine were faded when we bought our 2007 TM new from sun exposure while sitting in the sales lot for 5 months before purchase. I decided to make some new curtains and to line them. I work a very full time job and so I procastinated till the last minute to make some new ones. To date I have made half of one set or...one panel.

I have 7 yards of 60 inch wide matching fabric that I had previously purchased from the manufacturer. My serger was not running right so first I zigzagged the edge and it still frayed so I stay stitched the edged...and finally decided to line them. The size must be absolutely exact in order to go on to the curtain holders..using both the top and bottom curtain track. If you get off 1/8 inch...you will pop one of the plastic slides that go into the track.

I called Trailmanor to order new tape...they say they don't have it and that it is no longer being made. They will sell me new curtains and all the new required rods for about 368.00 plus shipping. I am undecided and I am now procasting again. I want new curtains but I don't want to uninstall and install the new hardware...plus if they are not lined they will fade again. The thickness of the curtain with the liner does not appear to be a problem. I really like how half of one of the front windows looks...you just see the white curtain liner through the window.

I have googled...I think to the end of the earth looking for the matching curtain tape that will fit my rod/tracks. I have searched all the major rv supply houses and have not been able to find the tape.

It is EXTREMELY tedious picking out the sitches in order to reuse the curtain tape.

I once saw a TM for sale on ebay and it had white 1/2 inch blinds...which could get expensive ordering these special sizes for the windows. It did look good though.

Some people have considered using tiny buttons for the slider for the track. I have not tried this though.

I think Maria made some curtains in her TM rebuild...I will try to find the photos.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 06:32 PM   #4
MisterP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rozhowe View Post
We have had our trailmanor 2009 3023 for 1.5 years and the curtains are all breaking/popping off. Where can I get curtains to replace those that are coming off?

Also I am very interested in additions everyone has made to there TM's. Would appreciate pictures and ideas to make camping easier in them. For example, we don't like to run the AC but would love to have a fan in the back for some extra air. Also there is an TV outlet in the back by the bed but where do you put the TV.

Has anyone had problems with the jack in the back (usually used for hauling bicycles).

Thanks,
Roz
There are threads discussing curtain repairs that should come up with a search. I believe the factory sells curtain parts.

I have a TV shelf in the back of the 3326, but have never used it. There are ways to hang a flat screen from the back shower wall. That is why there is an outlet back there.

By jack I assume you are referring to the receiver hitch point on the rear? It is correct that it has a 100 lb limit.

I would also be interested in hearing about anyone installing a rear vent fan. We have always used the kitchen power vent and leaving the crank windows open on both ends which ventilates the trailer quite well, even in the rain. I added a Maxair vent cover on all roof vents.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:56 PM   #5
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Eddie in the parts department did tell me that the new tracks and tape system is much better and much more sturdy.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

Old 03-22-2011, 09:07 PM   #6
TrailGuy77

My TM is at the dealer as I speak getting more warranty work done to it.One of the problems is the curtains.The stitching is coming off the ends where they are attached to the tape and the velcro straps on the retainers.The dealer was unsure whether they could find replacements since the design has been changed (as previously noted in this thread).

They will either have them repaired (restitched where necessary) or they may have to replace them with the new style.Either way,I am glad it happened while the TM is still under warranty.

IMHO,The quality of the curtains is not good (both material and workmanship)!
Old 03-22-2011, 09:13 PM   #7
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

The new tracks and tape are suppose to be better. The glides on the new tape are riveted on individually and are suppose to be more durable according to Eddie in the Parts Dept. of Trailmanor Inc.

Old 03-22-2011, 09:24 PM   #8
TrailGuy77

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygirl View Post
The new tracks and tape are suppose to be better. The glides on the new tape are riveted on individually and are suppose to be more durable according to Eddie in the Parts Dept. of Trailmanor Inc.
Hopefully they will decide to install new curtains in my TM.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:42 PM   #9
rozhowe

Countrygirl, I also looked high and low for this tape and could not find any and I happen to be in an area of the country where there are tons of fabric stores.

Does anyone have a picture they can post of the new track and tape system.

I think what happened is the dealer took the curtains off and washed them, they shrunk of course, and then reinstalled them.

Yes, sorry the hitch. Has anyone used this to carry bicycles on. I have a bicycle hitch that I used on my Explorer and wondered if I could use this on the back on the trailer as well. If I don't get a reply will try a short trip and let you know if it works and with pics.

Thanks for all the responses.
Old 03-23-2011, 05:46 AM   #10
MariaG

The curtains in our 1986 were just awful, faded, sun rotted, the tape was broken. I tossed them. I made some out of lightweight fabric and used tiny buttons that fit in the track but didn't like the way they looked. I really wanted to be able to take them down so they wouldn't get dirty rubbing on the exterior of the TM when closed. Finally my son figured out a way to put up removable curtain rods. Now I can just make or buy regular curtains. There is detailed info and pics on my blog, the address in in my signature below. Good luck, whatever you decide to do!
See my TrailManor Repair blog at:
http://trailmanorrepair.blogspot.com/
MariaG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
curtain tape, tabs