TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-29-2008, 05:39 PM   #1
agesilaus

Default Stupid question time

OK, here's a stupid question. How do you make the leg of the folding table extend? I've pushed, pulled, rubbed and begged and everything else I can think of but it won't extend...heh.

BK
Old 04-29-2008, 05:59 PM   #2
grill-n-go
Site Sponsor

In the begining ours would sometimes get stuck. I don't know how we managed that.
I would extend it with my vice-grip pliers. I've since learnt to push it in gently. It's definitely and easy does thing. Maybe someone else can fill in the blank here on when the little silver button pops. I don't remember that part of it right now but I know it too is an indicator of when it's either properly closed or open.

'03 2720SL
'07 Tundra 4X4
grill-n-go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 06:14 PM   #3
agesilaus

OK that worked. I gave a spray with some teflon too. Thanks
Old 04-29-2008, 06:17 PM   #4
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

I've managed to cause it to stick several times, almost always by pushing it in too far. As part of getting it back out, I've developed a secret formula. "Never touch the butterfly wings!" You can run it up, you can run it down, you can push the silver button - but if you dislodge the butterfly wings, you are stuck with pulling the entire latch assembly out of the leg.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 06:24 PM   #5
agesilaus

Heh, too late. They fell out once and I've had them in and out several times. Just hoping I got them back in the right way. The leg is staying in the right position so that's a good sign.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:29 PM   #6
mac_falls

Default Very Poor Design

I have had a few cold meals after having to reassemble this poor design. Of all the things associated in the TM design & engineering this takes the cake.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:15 AM   #7
allenj

Our latches ('butterfly wings') were dislodged from their correct position and stuck fast when we got our TM from the previous owner. After disassembling the legs and doing some experimentation to figure out how they were supposed to work, then reassembling them, they have been working fine every since - just take it easy on that latch.
Disassembly and reassembly isn't too bad - it just takes a little patience and a pair of needle nose pliers.
Old 04-30-2008, 03:34 PM   #8
wbmiller3
Site Sponsor

My table leg came completely off the table one trip; it was lying in the floor on arrival. All six (?) screws pulled out. I haven't had the stuck-leg problem, but I too am not thrilled with the design.
2018 F150 towing 2001 2619; lift kit & 15" wheels
wbmiller3 is offline   Reply With Quote