TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-08-2014, 08:20 PM   #11
RottieMom
TrailManor Master

Thx for the responses. I just crawled around under my TM and I swear there is only one drain valve under the front section. Looks like further investigation will have to wait until this weekend when I can open it up and take a look at fresh water tank. I know the tank is under the sink cabinet.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2013 TM 2720SL
2011 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 Hemi 5.7
RottieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 09:58 PM   #12
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

cmboyd

I'm confused "the one line in the fridge vent"?? I read in this tread where someone with a newer camper has a fridge drain tube. That may be it. I know with my 03, I don't have a fridge drain hose. We have a dip pan that we have to take out and empty.

If that is the fridge drain hose. Maybe the 95 did not have 2 drains in the front. If that's the case, I would assume you have a fresh water holding tank drain and that valve you have up front is the fresh water tank drain. That would mean, TM added in a latter year the cold water drain near the water heater, which drains the water heater.

If these assumptions are correct. To winterize the camper, you may need to pull the anode rod to drain the water heater or add an anode rod with a drain valve if there is not already there.
tentcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 01:47 PM   #13
RottieMom
TrailManor Master

Well, didn't have to wait till the weekend to find out about my drain valves. Just got off the phone with Ed Lytle (nice guy) and he explained that some TMs like mine that have the slide out front only have one drain valve in the front section and that is for BOTH the fresh water tank and the water heater.

So, I would not be able to make a mod like some folks have where they use their fresh water tank drain valve to fill it up while the TM is closed. I'd have to do some re-plumbing.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2013 TM 2720SL
2011 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 Hemi 5.7
RottieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 02:03 PM   #14
TrailManorMan
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmboyd View Post
Well, didn't have to wait till the weekend to find out about my drain valves. Just got off the phone with Ed Lytle (nice guy) and he explained that some TMs like mine that have the slide out front only have one drain valve in the front section and that is for BOTH the fresh water tank and the water heater.

So, I would not be able to make a mod like some folks have where they use their fresh water tank drain valve to fill it up while the TM is closed. I'd have to do some re-plumbing.

Why would it not just back fill the tank, if the water heater is full it should if the water heater is empty I can't see that being a problem either unless I'm not thinking it thru? I leave my new valve closed, hook the hose, open the valve and fill.then close the new valve. Am I missing something?

2012 Chevy Traverse 2009.5 TrailManor 2720 with cassette toilet modification. Cat scale weight 3980 lbs. full tanks

"Retractable hard side camper", way more than a pop up

2020 has 28 nights reserved and planning more.
TrailManorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 02:10 PM   #15
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Apparently TM was experimenting with something that didn't work out. I would simply re-plumb it to the standard configuration, shown here
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...&pictureid=435
It looks like the lines to the two drain valves on the left were tee'd into one, with one valve. Find the tee, undo it, extend the short line through the floor, add a valve, and you are done.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 04:12 PM   #16
moaboy

I knew I had seen a schematic once, thanks for the refresher Bill.
Should not the tube be sticking down and not resting on the net ? Seems odd to me, but I could be thinking it drains more water than it actually does so it may not matter?
Old 07-10-2014, 05:02 PM   #17
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidkraz View Post
Yepper, here's what mine looks like. I trimmed a couple of inches off the end, so that it drains well.
That's interesting, our refrig doesn't have a drain

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 04:30 PM   #18
Wingedryder

Default Drain valves

cmboyd,

I also have a 2013 model TM (27/20 SD) currently back to the dealer for a brake issue - so I can't go out and trace things inside right now. However, there IS only the one lower drain valve in front of the street side wheel on our yr/model of TM. The 2 bathroom drain valves behind the wheel remain the same. I've observed this difference for myself on an older TM vs. mine at a Trailblazer rally last month. Me thinketh that both the holding tank & hot water heater may drain from the same valve as water was warm when I drained upon leaving our last outing(?).

I'd also like to make this fresh water tank fill modification, as to have to raise shells just to take on water before reaching a campsite w/o full hookups seems very antiquated to me. BTW, I believe the other plastic hose ending just above the mesh screen cut-out forward of the single drain valve is an overflow for the regular fresh water fill (& possibly for the frig as well).

I hope we get some clarification from someone here on the Forum with a new TM. The mfr. also saw fit to separate the grey & black water discharge valves for some reason(?).

WingedRyder in Colorado
Wingedryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 04:41 PM   #19
Wingedryder

Default Drain valves

Thanks TrailManorMan,

I'm hoping you are right, that the fresh water/hot water heater drain would just back fill the tank after filling the hot water heater. Maybe someone can enlighten others of us with this TM oddity!

WingedRyder in Colorado
Old 08-14-2014, 10:37 PM   #20
Wingedryder

Default Fresh fill conversion/drain valves

Sorry to have joined the discussion so late...
Recalling the tight quarters under the sink to get to plumbing around the fresh water tank, seems re-plumbing the sys to incorporate a separate drain valve for just the tank alone could be an arduous task. Will have to take a closer look when I have my TM back from the dealer. However, may be worth the bruised knuckles, etc. to be able to fill the tank w/o popping the shells.

At any rate, thanks for the plumbing sys schematic, Bill.

WingedRyder