TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2013, 10:19 AM   #1
ChillEDog

Default Just Bought a 2007 2619

Add me to the list of excited new TM owners. So many questions, am browsing / learning, and I know these are probably answered before but can't resist popping a few ?s Any responses very much appreciated.

Where's a good place to order supplies online ?

Does anyone use a motorized dolly to park their TM at home ? What's a good one ? They're expensive !

Have see a few messages about mice / varmints. We have mice, squirrels, rats in our neighborhood. Am quite concerned about this potential problem. Any good solutions ?

That's it for now, thanks in advance !
ChillEDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:59 AM   #2
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

Where's a good place to order supplies online? It depends on the supplies. Harbor Freight, Amazon, Camping World. If you do a search on the forum for the specific supply you are looking for, you may find a good source.

... motorized dolly... Short dolly discussion

...mice / varmints... A good tomcat that can live outside. If you search for "mice" on this forum, you will find a few posts with comments and solutions. Better to do the search, as there are various options to choose from.

Good luck! We love our TM, as most here do.
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:54 PM   #3
Redtail Cruiser
TrailManor Master

Default Mice, rats and critters- Oh My

As far as mice and rats are concerned, many homes in my area have installed Barn Owl boxes on their property. Each nesting pair of these owls are suppose to rid two to three acres of land of mice rats, gophers and such. The three properties around me all have Barn Owl boxes and ever since they were installed it has dramatically reduced the critter population where I live. If you Google "Barn Owl Boxes" you can read and see if it might be practical where you live. Congrats on your new TM.

Tim
Redtail Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:29 PM   #4
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

Redtail, wouldn't the owls give you competition for your meals? (I like your picture!)
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:27 PM   #5
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

As for the mice (rats probably are too big to get in) I've read that any opening the size of a nickel can be a no-no. Get under the TM and also check around the lower part of the outside to be sure that there are no openings that they can get into. Especially check around the plumbing, we had to caulk up one area around the drain under the bathtub, and maybe some more, I don't remember, it's been a really long time. Or just crumple up some tin foil and shove it in there, or steel wool.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:22 PM   #6
kieranmullen

ChillEDog

What did one cost you in your neck of the woods?
kieranmullen is offline   Reply With Quote