TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-28-2007, 12:36 PM   #1
shunter917
Site Sponsor

Default Sad day for our TM

It was with great sadness this morning that I watched someone else tow my TM away. My wife and I have "graduated" into a bigger trailer and we had sold the TM. I told the new owners about these pages and strongly suggested they join. I hope they get as much enjoyment out of the trailer as we did over these 6 years.

Thanks so much to everyone who contribute to these pages - it's an amazing bunch. I will probably keep my membership a while longer.
shunter917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 01:38 PM   #2
BobRederick

shnter

I also have vivid recollections of watching a beloved popup go down the street behind another person's vehicle. It had a spare on the rear with a chrome wheel cover and I had polished and waxed the camper all up pretty. In my mind's eye, I can still see that wheel cover shining in the sunlight.

That was about 33 years ago!
Old 05-28-2007, 03:34 PM   #3
wwjam

Unhappy

Good memory Bob...

We watched ours go down the road Saturday. I too, had worked all day waxing it. Our neighbor came over and commented on how nice it was of us to get it all looking good for the new owners. It looked beautiful!! I felt sad too, and keep thinking it's still out there.

Jo Ann
Old 05-28-2007, 10:02 PM   #4
Paul_Heuvelhorst

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunter917 View Post
It was with great sadness this morning that I watched someone else tow my TM away. My wife and I have "graduated" into a bigger trailer and we had sold the TM. ... I will probably keep my membership a while longer.
Judy & I can certainly relate. One minor difference... we delivered our TM to the new owner, as they lived about 20 miles from us, and did not yet have a vehicle with which to tow it. It was 6 years ago that we "moved up" (?) from the TM to our present 28' Thor Tahoe. We were very happy with the TM, but our needs changed during the 3 years we owned it. We went from vacation traveling, to needing to live in it for extended periods while doing volunteer work as we traveled. The TM 2619 wasn't big enough for us, nor would any of the larger TM's fit the needs we had. But, as you can see, I still "lurk" around these pages and occasionally contribute to the discussions.

Best wishes with your new trailer... and keep us posted on what you are doing.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:37 PM   #5
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

We've said goodbye to our cabover camper and our Aloha trailer in years past. Both of them were filled with so many good memories that it was a teary-eyed goodbye for each. When and if we ever sell our TM, it will be with more tears than the others, because we have had so many good family trips and times in it and enjoyed it more than any of the others we've had.

Your new trailer will hopefully bring you many more wonderful memories!

We saw our 60's Aloha trailer about a year ago in a parking lot about 6 miles from our house. We were so excited to see it still on the road; we got it for free in some lean times and put a lot of work into it. You might see your TM around and about once in a while...

Please check in once and a while and let us know what you're up to and how you like your new trailer. I've enjoyed reading your posts and appreciate the contributions you've made to the TM board.

D