TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Feedback to TrailManor
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-02-2005, 10:09 AM   #1
jackehop41

Default No Owner Manual or Component Manuals

Thursday we picked up our "New" TM 3023 from Chillhowee RV, the closest dealer to the factory and in fact they recommended them to me when I called. Alicia Hodson, the business manager handled the paperwork. I used the dealers' financing, bought their insurance, bought an extended warranty and spent a good amount of money in their camp store.

Two problems. First, the demo guy and the business manager told me that the above manuals were in drawers in the TM and in fact she cautioned me to complete the warranty cards and return to the mfgs. In the fog of new things to remember about how to operate TM, forgot to check for manuals and in fact none were in the drewers. Second, I requested a specific model of electric tongue hitch be installed. Explained what functions I needed via email and by phone with salesman Joe Vernitti. He said he'd chech to see if they could get the one I wanted and get back to me. A few hours later, he email me indicatin that the model I wanted was in fact available and would be installed. It was not until that evening while setting up in a campground did I discover that a less expersive and inferior model had been installed.

Finally, I realize that I was purchasing a TM at the end of the selling year but I assumed it would have at least been detailed since it was being sold as NEW! Not only were there no manuals, but much of the unit showed obvious signs of having been used as a demo and not cleaned up for delivery. I know it's "buyer beware" and we should have inspected the unit more carfully, but with all the financial detail and operational demonstration, we overlooked the above. The point is we shouldn't have had to.