TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-24-2007, 08:18 PM   #1
skcerny

Default Toilet Dump

All,

After a wonderful camping weekend, I went to pull the termination valve on the toilet and I heard it dump although it didn't sound like it all dumped. Proceeded to the dump station and pulled the black, heard it dump, closed it and then did the gray. When we originally pulled the termination valve, the gauge did not go to empty so we thought maybe it was sticking.

Anyway, we got home, pulled the termination valve again and heard it dump down again with the gauge dropping to 3/4 full. I've pulled the termination valve several more times and nothing happened. When I hit the flush button, it is still recirculating so I know it is not empty.

Thoughts and recommendations?

Steve, Kelley, 2 kids and 2 greyhounds
'05 3023
Old 06-24-2007, 09:47 PM   #2
cali camping

I suppose what you are referring to as the termination valve is actually the Slide-EZ Valve. Here is a link to the Thetford website:
http://www.thetford.com/HOME/Product...6/Default.aspx
The process to dump the toilet is to pull the handle on the Slide-EZ valve and leave it open. Then go outside and pull the black water dump valve once you have your hose hooked up securely. Let it finish draining then close it. Then open the grey water valve, let it finish draining, then close it as well. Remove your hose, then close the Slide-EZ Valve and your all set.
This is only a basic description and I'm sure there are other ways folks do it, but I just described the most basic process...good luck!

2007 2720SD, Dual 80 watt solar panels, flat screen LCD TV mounted on side wall, 210 Ah AGM Battery, Link 10, Dual Honda 2000EUi's
Cadillac Escalade EXT, Prodigy
cali camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 12:11 PM   #3
Bill & Lisa

concur with the excellent advise above.

Bill
Old 06-25-2007, 01:08 PM   #4
skcerny

All,

Thanks for the input. I'm in the same camp as Leon believing something may have fallen in there. We always open the valve as we're closing the TM and then close it when we get home. We've never had a problem before.

I took it over to the state park around the corner from our house this morning and dumped again. Everything seemed to dump this time. I even opened up the TM at the dump station to make sure the gauge was empty and it was.

Hopefully everything will be working properly when we leave in two weeks for a trip to Cape Cod!

Kind regards,

Steve