TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2019, 03:14 PM   #11
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

I think it's very common on SUV's and minivans. I know the chrysler's tow package for the minivans come the same way. Now you could also order the hitch and wiring on any of them. But if you think about it. Some people just want to carry larger loads in the van or SUV. So the order the tow package.

I know my 1988 E150 van came with a factory tow package without a hitch or receiver. Which include a larger radiator, large secondary trans cooler and a different transmission. Nor sure what else.

Nisan you use to be able to order a WDH with the trucks. Don't know if you still can.
tentcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 07:23 AM   #12
mecicon
TrailManor Master

Exclamation Brake Controller

T Collie, you will also want a brake controller. Tekonsha Prodigy is top-rated and easy to operate.

Many states require a brake controller over certain weights.

Good luck with your search and potential purchase.
'01 Ford Excursion Limited 7.3 L PSD 4WD (Rudolph) (Sold)
'18 Keystone Cougar 29BHS (Sold)
'15 Prime Tracer 25BHS (Traded)
'06 TrailManor 2619 (Traded)

:cwmddd:
mecicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 12:28 PM   #13
Tcollie

Thanks everyone from newbie TC in Tennessee,

I agree with Toyota labeling it incorrectly as a Highlander tow package without a hitch or a harness...there's a country song there somewhere...LOL. For now we are just going to forego towing with the Highlander.

We did buy that 2010 2619 Trailmanor beauty in Arkansas with rebuilt title as it only had minor hail dings on the front cap. We negotiated a great price, and it was super clean, no active leaks that we witnessed in an active Arkansas downpour, roof seams looked good, and no evidence of water damage. The owner really gave it TLC and was so mournful to see it go. I had to hug him. Our 'nused' TM towed like a dream with 2006 Tacoma and hubby only used 1/2 tank to get us home....used to be an entire tank with our former Keystone Outback....and wind drag was negligible. Now we getting ready for Pickwick lake March spring break. We are feeling a little more comfortable setting up and taking down since we've been practicing like good little TM newbie students, but I cannot find a current step by step list on this site. My hubby really wants one for tech guidance, but all could find was one from 2003 for older models. Anyone have a more updated set up list for a 2010 or strong suggestions for must have camping with 2619 TM?

Also, I am trying not to over pack, but it's a challenge downsizing to a smaller camper. I guess I am going to suck it up and pay that hefty yearly fee for all you guys wonderful TM guru wisdom.

Many Thanks,
TC in Tennessee
Tcollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 08:44 PM   #14
Kidkraz
Site Sponsor

TC, welcome to the forum. Personally, I would go to YouTube and find yer self a good video and copy it to yer phone, computer or tablet. Easiest way to learn and teach others on setup and taking it down. I’ve done it lots of times and still forget stowing the door every now and then, especially when someone comes to help, that gets me out of sequence.
2016 Dodge Ram 1500 V8 Hemi
Installed powered folding tow mirrors

Stopped playing with airplanes, now I just enjoy watching them fly by.
Kidkraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 09:58 AM   #15
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcollie View Post
We are feeling a little more comfortable setting up and taking down since we've been practicing like good little TM newbie students, but I cannot find a current step by step list on this site. My hubby really wants one for tech guidance, but all could find was one from 2003 for older models. Anyone have a more updated set up list for a 2010 or strong suggestions for must have camping with 2619 TM?
I don't think that there is any difference between opening/closing a 2003 unit and opening/closing a 2010 unit. If you do find one, it will be immediately obvious, and you can pencil it into your 2003 list.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 07:38 AM   #16
Tcollie

Default Newbie 2619 TM

Thanks you guys,

My husband and I both research those "youtubes", and used one as a guide for taking down when we arrived home. I imagine we may have to use it again when we start out next year also. The previous owner was a great teacher emphasized the must do's so we wouldn't have to set up the camper again when arriving home to avoid having to open the camper toilet, close windows, turn off radio & lights, switching power., etc.

I found a the 2001 set up & take down checklist by Gregg in Portland that was extremely helpful. For now we are mainly exhaustively cleaning the inside and out. Kidkraz, I can see how "someone coming to help" would break your focus. Thanks again.

TC in Tennessee
Tcollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 08:44 AM   #17
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

Great, welcome to the family of TM owners.

As mentioned during the thread. Make sure you get a brake controller if you don't have one. Most TV's require the trailer to have working brakes to tow to the rated limit of the TV tow capacity. I know my highlander is 5K tow capacity, but only like 2K without working trailer brakes.
tentcamper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newbie research