TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-15-2012, 09:45 PM   #11
clan_salmons

Thanks for all the responses and tips.

We've have the extended mirrors. A set of Milenco Aero2 mirrors that clamp very solidly to my side mirrors. They have a lot of flexibility in attachment, minimal vibration, mildly convex and surprisingly light weight (<5lb for the pair). I really didn't have trouble seeing a vehicle behind me. It's just learning where they are in relation to me. Practice, practice, practice.

I always keep my vehicle side mirrors angled sharply outward to eliminate blind spots. The view from my side mirrors normally overlap my rear view mirror at a point well past the rear end of my vehicle. It takes a bit getting use to, but if I see anything in the side mirror I don't change lanes. I used the the extended mirrors to view down the side of the TM. The convex mirror allowed me to see the tires and the vehicles behind me.

Thanks for the warning about extending the mirrors out too far. I will have to check that out.

My wife drives for the blind. I'll have to ask if any of them are willing to be traffic cones. One of them is a skydiver. She might give it a go. A walkie talkie will probably be safer. At some point I want to look into a rear view camera.

And finally to all the Scots out there, we are going to look into getting back up to Grandfather Mountain this year. It may be too late to get a camping spot. They shoehorn people in and the RV spaces can get pretty hairy. I've seen tires two feet off the ground on a 36 footer. Didn't seem to bother the owners, but it sure gave me the willies.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
clan_salmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:07 AM   #12
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

At first we used walkie talkies. In a panic I would just start telling him to stop and forget to push the button. Then we used our cell phones and it worked much better. We just use hand signals now.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:17 AM   #13
camp2canoe

Put on a front hitch receiver and that 19 point turn between the trees becomes a three point turn with the TM always in view! - camp2canoe