TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Tips and Tricks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-26-2007, 08:46 PM   #1
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Default TM work weekend

I started Friday night making some draft stoppers...out of fabric and pillow type stuffing. I made a flat one only 5/6 inch thick to go in the crack behind the wardrobe. I made one for the bathroom area and one for the area over the kitchen sink and one for the side with the stove. Then just goofing around I made a big fat one to block the light come from the edge ...where the shower walls don't meet...in my case by the shower holder. I started making a couple of extra toss pillows and ran out of stuffing....and did not want to drive to Walmart.

Saturday we cleaned all exterior surfaces of the TM. We actually washed it twice....forgot about Scrubbing bubbles and greased lightening....

It was cleaner but not spotless Tom thought Mother's Carnuba would take off the last of the staining.....we got about 7/8 finished and decided we did not like it. Then I remembered the Greased Lightening and WOW...it is spotless now....so basically we had washed and waxed and washed and waxed it again. No wonder my back hurt last night. Greased lightening did not harm the finish and it took off all of the pine stains.

Last night I made a screen door. I used all materials that I had on hand. I cut the screen in to strips (5 I think) and sewed them at the top over lapping....then I cut them to length...hemmed them. Inside the camper I used white velcro (the soft side) then against the screen I used black industrial strength velcro...the rough side and it came about 2 inches wide...so I cut it to fit the white tape. It worked pretty well today and stayed in place.

This weekend we will be dry camping in Georgia at a 3 day archery tournament....where we will camp in the field is known as "gnat hell"...so I thought I would at least attempt to reduce the amount of ways the lil buggers have of gaining entrance.

I work tomorrow but if I have time I will take some pics to post.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 08:47 PM   #2
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Oh...I forgot...today we went to Target and bought a 17 inch lcd hdtv with dvd for 248.00. It has an awesome picture.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

Old 08-27-2007, 03:18 AM   #3
Leslie & Nick
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygirl View Post
This weekend we will be dry camping in Georgia at a 3 day archery tournament....where we will camp in the field is known as "gnat hell"...so I thought I would at least attempt to reduce the amount of ways the lil buggers have of gaining entrance.
CG: As you've probably already heard, the heat in GA this summer has been one for the record books (literally). If you have a generator capable of running the TM's air conditioner, bring it by all means. If not, bring fans of some sort -battery operated, hand operated, etc. Between the gnats and heat, you might have a "memorable" camping experience

Nick
Leslie & Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 06:11 AM   #4
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Thanks we have heard about the heat! It has been hot here too but not as hot as in town...or in S. Ga. We have a gen it is not a nice quiet Honda! We told our archery buds we would camp ...way away from them...they all have Yamaha's. We have a 5500 something the other..........it will run the air. Our Bud's said ..." NO...camp next to us...we will all be so tired from the tournament we won't hear it." We are taking electric fans just in case though. I bought some hand held fans for the awards ceremoney.

It sure will be NICE not to have to use the portapotties!!!!!!!!

Old 08-27-2007, 07:04 AM   #5
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Cool infor...thanks Leon!

Old 08-27-2007, 09:06 AM   #6
beth14kk9

Good luck this weekend, Dina! Where's the tournament?

Beth
Old 08-27-2007, 12:29 PM   #7
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Beth...the tournament is in Calvary, Ga....which basically between Tallahassee and Cairo/Thomasville. Thanks for the well wishes!

Old 08-28-2007, 07:34 PM   #8
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

I tried to up load some pics but I guess I am at my limit...they would not load here. If I were to make the screen door again I have decided I would do it differently. I would use two wider panels and over lap them about 4 inches.

Here is a link to the album:

Old 08-29-2007, 05:38 AM   #9
Leslie & Nick
TrailManor Master

Default Draft Stoppers

The draft stoppers look great - very professional and much nicer looking than 'noodles'! You're certainly ready for some cold weather camping. What did you stuff them with?

Nick
Leslie & Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 07:08 AM   #10
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

My dh was concerned with adding weight at the top of the seals so I just used polyester fiberfill. The thin one under the wardrobe has a couple of layers of quilt batting in it.

I looked on line for draft stoppers and found a lot of them filled with ground up fir tree needles. Suppose to smell nice. I got a quote to have some made for about 200.00. We felt that the smell would be over powering with that many. I have about 15.00 in these...so if we don't like them or need them...I am not out much money. Last night I made 4 toss pillows with deer pics...the colors blend well with the sofa. I found a hotel grade small bath mat at Walmart that fits perfectly in front of the door...there are small gaps there that it covers up perfectly. I called TM yesterday about the amber light covers and about buying some fabric to make a curtain for the door. I left a message and look forward to them calling me back.

I have been price electric blankets...good grief these things are expensive...ebay seems to have the best prices....looks like then have come a long way in the last 30 years or so. Guess I need to go to the mall (ugh) and look at some in Penney's to see if they are as heavy and lumpy as they used to be. From what I read they seemed to be made with more flexible wires then I remember. I know they are real "proud" of them...judging by the prices I am finding.