TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2007, 05:25 AM   #41
Factor

After our TM 3023 was totalled, we purchased a Hi-Lo 2505C. The only advantage to the TM was weight.
John
Old 12-21-2007, 06:13 PM   #42
Pat Stafford

Default Buying a second one

I think Virginia Deacon sums up our experience with TM. We would buy another one in a heartbeat. Ours has had some rough service and still works great. We even survived a second heavy ice storm in Missouri this December with no damage or issues and look forward to many more years of service.

As with all vehicles though, keep it serviced and in good condition.
Old 12-22-2007, 10:12 AM   #43
2bcs1jrt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factor View Post
After our TM 3023 was totalled, we purchased a Hi-Lo 2505C. The only advantage to the TM was weight.
John
Don't you sacrifice interior space?
Cheri
Old 12-22-2007, 11:52 AM   #44
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
The Expand-A-Room in the HiLo is nice. The lack of a permanent bed, and the need to make up the bed every night and take it down every day, would be a problem for some of us. And a dry weight of 4480 pounds - almost a ton more than a TM 2619 - would call for a sturdier tow vehicle.

As Texas_Camper always used to say, TMs are not for everyone. They have a particular combination of good points, and the HiLo has a different combination. It is a great thing to have choices, and to be able to make them according to our own needs and whims.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 05:35 PM   #45
PopBeavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factor View Post
John
I looked at the HiLo before buying the TM.

The largest HiLo that would fit in my garage is 17 feet long. The 2720 fits in the garage and is substantially larger inside when camping.
Old 12-28-2007, 06:50 PM   #46
larsdennert

A second one?! I can't tow two of them with my little 4Runner!

Seriously, I don't know what I'd replace it with. No way a tent trailer. Even a serious off road one. Maybe one day a big motorhome. Who knows; I never thought I'd go to a trailer from a tent. If I was going to consider a HILO I'd just get a regular TT and be done with having to stow things before moving camp. I'd need a bigger TV though and don't want it.

My dad has a pop up camper shell on his full size Ford 3/4 ton 4x4. It's his second one. He's in Baja with it as we speak. Works great for just the two of them but it has no bath (in his) and is very claustrophic inside due to few windows.

My brother in law tows a toy hauler with an Excursion. Wow what a job that is. It has a big fridge and bath but less sleeping area and slower to tow on the hills than my TM/Toyota combo.