TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-22-2007, 04:03 PM   #1
ragmopp

Default Defective chair

Our 2720SL came with the chair that has the built in footrest. I wasn't very impressed with it to begin with as the padding was insufficient, and it looked kinda used up after just two outings. However, not until we went to San Diego last month for a week did it really cause a problem. While sitting in the chair it literally collapsed on the floor. Now, I ain't no lightweight but it shouldn't have done that.
I contacted Dinuba RV where we purchased it and they stated that they could take care of it when we got back. Decided not to go to Dinuba as it has moved and is even farther away now, so contacted Performance RV in Fallon Nv. They stated I could send them pictures with a description of what happened. After a week and a half decided to call Trailmanor, and they said they hadn't gotten the email from Performance RV but to send it straight to Ed at TM. I did that, and not two hours later he called. He told me that in early 2007 they had a manufacturer of the chair that they were not happy with, and had changed suppliers. The chair I had was from that early batch. He stated he would ship it to Performance RV and I could pick it up there.
A week later I got a call, the chair was in. Went there yesterday and picked it up. Just looking at the chair it seems better built. The cushioning on the back is much thicker and the mechanism for the foot rest seems sturdier. Will tell when I plop down on it next week up in Klamath Falls.
Overall, extremely happy with TM and although the email from Performance never got to TM they were very helpful.

Mike Anderson
Old 06-25-2007, 11:50 AM   #2
Bill & Lisa

Sorry you had a problem, sorry the dealer was slow to help but glad it was taken care of by the company rep! Persistance pays off. With what you have paid for your unit don't stop asking for help/complaining until you get satisfaction. Now go enjoy the great outdoors!

Bill