TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > General Maintenance and Cleaning
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-18-2002, 04:28 AM   #1
Civil_War_Buff
Site Sponsor

Default Sleeping Bags?

We use Sleeping bags on top of the bed, it makes it very easy to set up and make the beds.  :P  Currently, I roll the bags up and put them on the floor for traveling, but Iwas wondering if anyone else uses sleeping bags and leaves them on the bed when you close down?  If they say that the clearance was such that it would turn the lites on, I am not sure how much room there is between the roof and the mattress, does anyone here know how much room there is? ???
Thanks,
Larry
Civil_War_Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 08:56 AM   #2
2619PDX

Default Re: Sleeping Bags?

that's an interesting question. We use regular bedding and just leave it in place - complete with blankets, and it seems fine.
I don't think there IS anyway to tell how much space there is between the ceiling and the top of the bed with the TM closed down...
the only thing I can think of is to call TM directly maybe?

Best,

Gregg
Old 11-18-2002, 12:24 PM   #3
oilspot

I have a 2720SL, so it might not work with all models...

TO check clearances, I closed the back half and then I can climb over the couch (by standing on the tongue) and into the trailer.  

I was able to check cleances pretty easily.  This is also how I turn the fridge on before we start a trip.

I'm not sure exactly how much functional clearance you would have because the roof is higher in the center.  You might have an extra four inches in the center and only one inches on the sides.    Oh! by the way that measurement includes our egg crate mattress pad.

Next time I'm in there, I'll try to take some more measurements
Old 11-19-2002, 02:13 AM   #4
arknoah

We also leave our beds fully made up, including comforters and pillows, though I put the pillows in the middle of the bed.  So far we've had no problem.  I think there is perhaps a little more clearance on the beds than many of us think....
Old 11-19-2002, 12:10 PM   #5
BOB_STRONG
Site Sponsor

Larry,

We owned a 1993 23M Trailmanor which is the 2720 today. We had bought Coleman bed bags for our 1998 Coleman Plantation, and they were so nice to use because the sheets would velcro into the bag. We used the bed bags in the 1993 Trailmanor, and left them lying flat on the bed. We never had any clearance problem or lights turning on because of the bag rubbing on the switch.

We still use the bed bags today in our 2002 3326 King without any problem. Also, there is the cut off switch to the back section of lights once the bathroom walls are lowered down. I do not know what year they started to install the safety switch!!

If your year trailer does not have a safety switch, just take out the bulb from the lights and then you will not have any worries about lights turning on and overheating and causing a fire. Doing this would save a lot  of time rolling up your sleeping bags and then opening them up again.

Bob Strong
BOB_STRONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2002, 04:26 AM   #6
RickNewcomb
Site Sponsor

We use sleeping bags also. It is easier with the children. We store them in the wardrobe when traveling. It will hold four sleeping bags.
RickNewcomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2002, 07:08 AM   #7
Civil_War_Buff
Site Sponsor

Quote:
We use sleeping bags also. It is easier with the children. We store them in the wardrobe when traveling. It will hold four sleeping bags.

We leave several jackets and other items in the Wardrobe so that is out. I will try leaving them on the bed next time out and see how they work out for us.

Thanks for all the help.

Larry
Civil_War_Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2002, 03:09 PM   #8
MMARFISI

We too use a set of sleeping bags on top of a one inch thick sheet of "memory foam".  We leve them all on the bunk when folding down and have had no problem.  I think there is more clearance there than you think.
Old 12-20-2002, 03:50 PM   #9
Sinclue
Site Sponsor

We use a down sleeping bag that compresses only slightly with the trailer closed.  We also move our pillows to the middle of the bed (as previously suggested) to take advantage of the curve of the roof.  When we open up we just fluff up the bag.  I suspect a lot of the newer synthetic fibres are almost equally compressible.
Sinclue is offline   Reply With Quote