TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2013, 08:11 PM   #1
Bailey'sMom
Site Sponsor

Question Customizing by the Factory - special orders

Long time reader, first time post.

I was at the Milwaukee RV show in February and spent a lot of time with Dion, the TM Rep. One thing I don't like about the TM is the closed in feel of the rear bunk.

Anyway, in talking to Dion, I mentioned I don't really need a shower, but would love to have a cabinet next to the bed instead of the shower. Maybe something just about 12" deep. It would allow me a place to put books, meds, kleenex box, clock etc. A plus would also be make it feel more open back there. Also would give a little more room in bathroom.

Dion said they could customize it and take out the shower. Didn't even think it would cost more because they wouldn't have cost of the shower. They would have to figure out how to do the bathroom walls. Also, what to do with the fuse panel/whatever that faces hall, but built where shower seat is.

Has anyone buying a "new from the factory TM" ever had anything customized like this?

Thoughts? Seemed to good to be true.

Sara
Bailey'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:48 PM   #2
moaboy

Not that I am aware of, go for it, I for one actually like and use my shower. And I don't mind the "privacy" I get from the rear bunk being more enclosed. But I understand some may prefer a more open feel like the front bed in a 2720.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:42 AM   #3
Laura FM

The only customizing we had done was over the smaller bed there is a little cabinet. It is also where the speakers are. It did not seem terribly useful for our needs- since we were not getting the stereo, and without it, we could use the back bed as a sort of day bed for reading.

We also went without the entire bathroom, but that is an option on my model - the 2417.

I really like how you can order exactly what you want with the TMs.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:22 AM   #4
LoriCalif

This may be a bit different, but in 2012 when the 3023 was no longer being offered as a model, they agreed to build us one because it was just the right length we wanted, and not only that, we wanted the older model lower sink with the hand sprayer which has a higher counter top next to it. They were very accommodating and we got exactly what we wanted! I was a little nervous, as we were one of the first 5 built at the new Trailmanor plant, but we have had no major problems at all this past year and are loving camping in our 2012 3023! (I was wondering, does this mean I get to refer to it as my "custom" 3023? lol)

We are always dreaming up ways to customize it even more, so good luck with your idea and please post pictures later if you do follow through with this!

Lori
Old 04-16-2013, 10:43 AM   #5
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

If you want more openness in the rear, you could leave the bathroom closed (folded), and only open it at night, or when you want to use it.

We have a 2417 with the shower/stool, but leave it closed most of the time. Since it is so simple to set up, we enjoy the open appearance most of the time. No issue to do a quick open of it when needed.

Just a thought, because a shower will help re-sale. Don't see how just having a stool there would keep it more open, with the bathroom walls set up. If you do like us, the shower missing won't make a difference in openness. But, it would help with a small set of drawers, as long as they aren't rendered inaccessible if you have the bathroom walls folded down.
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:42 AM   #6
LoriCalif

thanks for putting my signature in there, whoever did that.... I might add a picture later, too!
Old 04-16-2013, 06:57 PM   #7
Bailey'sMom
Site Sponsor

I don't have any toilet or portapotty in my current pop up. I use a five gallon bucket with a toilet seat cover and dump in the morning. I only use it at night to potty. So it will be nice to have a real toilet at night. Having the sink there will be nice also. Don't need a shower because I use the campground's.

If I could only have a wall between the kitchen and the bath and have the toilet open to the bed area this would allow a much larger cabinet where the shower is now.

I dont care about resale because I tend to buy new and keep for a long long time.

(RIP Bailey - 12/6/2020)
Welcome Sophie DOB 1/5/2021
Mini Goldendoodle (who's not so mini)

New to me 2010. 2720SD TrailManor
New to me 2010 Chevy Traverse

Both purchased July 2013

Factory installed 80W solar panel.

New batteries June 30th 2018.
(SLIGC115 Duracell Ultra 6V Deep Cycle Golf Cart Battery x 2)
New bag seals Sept 2020
Rohent R7 HD 1080P RV Wireless Backup Camera Installed Sept 2020
Bailey'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote