TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Forum Admin | Account Help | Suggestion Box
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2013, 08:17 PM   #1
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

Default Navigation bar on bottom of page?

Chris,

Thanks for your work on the site! I come here every day, and appreciate it.

I don't know if you have the ability to modify the page layout, but I think it would be nice to have the same navigation bar at the end of the posts, as is above the posts. That way, we can click on "TrailManor Owner's Forum", and go back to the full menu, instead of clicking through the "Back" button at the top of our browser page.

Gee, am I getting lazy?! Moving a cursor is simple, but it would take less time to move it a couple inches, than to scroll back up through all the posts so I can get back to the top, to click on the "TMO Forum" link.

Thanks, if you can do it.
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:43 AM   #2
wmtire

The following works in IE and Firefox. I have never tested it on Chrome, Safari or others.........but it probably works in those too.

When you are on a forum page (or website), if you don't want to scroll....you can also use the "home" and "end" buttons on your keyboard to take you instantly to the top or bottom of the page.

Use the home/end buttons to the immediate right of your "Backspace" button (if you have them on your keyboard, as some older keyboards don't).........and not the ones on your numerical keypad that is all the way on the right-hand side of your keyboard. You can use the numerical keypad home/end buttons, but you have to first turn that keypad on/off, by pressing the "NUM Lock" button.

Using the pic above as reference (if your keyboard has them located there).......Just give them a press now, and you should see what I am talking about.

P.S. I forgot to add, that if you want to go back a page (like back to the Trailmanor menu page) all you have to do is hit the "backspace" button on your keyboard. You don't have to go to the top of the page and use your browsers back arrow button. Each time you tap the backspace key, it will take you back one web page.

This works when viewing pages, and you don't have a text entry window open (like typing a reply in a forum)

Tap your 'backspace' key one time now and see if it does.

Hope this helps, and speeds up your viewing times.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:03 AM   #3
happybeebob

Default Navigation Bar

Thanks Bobby great info for me. Worked like a champ.
Old 03-02-2013, 05:46 PM   #4
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

Well, I'm a bit different. I have a trackball, so my right hand rests on it all the time. To click a button is easier than picking up my hand, and finding the appropriate keys.

As I said originally - I know this is picky, and lazy, but if a navigation bar could be at the bottom of the page, also, it would make navigation easier. I realize it seems very lazy to not pick up the hand, but streamlining is what I am after. Just a thought.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:21 PM   #5
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

I won't try to speak for Chris, because I don't know nearly enough about the board software and the IT end of things. I know that when I first joined the board many (MANY!) years ago, I asked for changes, too. Chris patiently explained to me some of the Admin facts of life.

Chris doesn't write the board software. He buys a package of software called vBulletin, made specifically for on line discussion boards. That is what some of our Sponsor fees go for - the cost of the software. The software package will do a lot of stuff, but it won't do everything. And you can't modify it to do new stuff, because if you do, you lose the warranty and the tech support for the package. Not good.

Keeping a board up and running is sometimes tricky, as we have seen in the last few weeks. Doing it without tech support or validated manuals would be a nightmare. So my guess - I may be wrong, so there is no reason not to ask - is that Chris will not be able to implement the suggestion, no matter what its merits might be.

Just my thoughts.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:11 PM   #6
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

I understand. That's why my first post said something along the lines of "if it is even possible." I completely understand having to stay within the parameters of what the templates allow.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:01 PM   #7
mjlaupp
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToCamp View Post
Well, I'm a bit different. I have a trackball, so my right hand rests on it all the time. To click a button is easier than picking up my hand, and finding the appropriate keys.

As I said originally - I know this is picky, and lazy, but if a navigation bar could be at the bottom of the page, also, it would make navigation easier. I realize it seems very lazy to not pick up the hand, but streamlining is what I am after. Just a thought.
Look to the bottom right of any page other than the forum main page and you will find a "Forum Jump" selector. It takes you anywhere in the forum using only a trackball or a mouse.

2013 Jayco Eagle Premier 351RLTS 5er - Honda 2000i x2 w ext. run tank

2017 F350 King Ranch ultimate CCLB SRW 6.7L V8 TD Fx4 BakFlip F1 & BakBox

TM History: '97 2720, '02 2720SL, '03 2720SL, '04 3326K. 2001 - 2012 yrs owned.

1990 Isuzu Trooper II 283 V6
mjlaupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:48 AM   #8
rumbleweed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlaupp View Post
Look to the bottom right of any page other than the forum main page and you will find a "Forum Jump" selector. It takes you anywhere in the forum using only a trackball or a mouse.
On this forum, that button is labeled "TOP" Click it and you are at the top.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:01 AM   #9
wmtire

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumbleweed View Post
On this forum, that button is labeled "TOP" Click it and you are at the top.
The forum jump that Mike is talking about, is not all the way at the bottom, where you are seeing the "top" one at. It's actually up the page just a hair. The forum jump is actually a pull-down menu, that let's you select all the forum categories..... as well as the forums home page.

The forum jump is right above the "similar threads" box.

Here is a pic, with an arrow pointing it out.

Old 03-03-2013, 10:04 AM   #10
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

I have a wireless keyboard Logitech MK700/710 and the hompe button works great for me.
My dh is thrilled with this info. He reads much longer threads like on ADVrider which is an adventurer motorcycle rider web site

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote