TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2012, 09:54 AM   #1
CrazyCampers

Default How much can you deal with a RV dealer on a TM?

Now that we have our TV, I am looking into getting a TM 2720. What is a reasonable price for one with options like swing hitch, A/C, and extra cabinets. What options would you refuse to go without?

Also, if a dealer is offering one for $26K, can you talk them down and by how much? What is the going rate for a TM compared to the MSRP? In particular, how much cheaper should a new 2011 or 2012 at a dealer be vs ordering a 2013 with the same options.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:11 AM   #2
Bluegrass

You should be able to negotiate 20% under MSRP without too much haggling. That should include batteries and a weight distributing hitch.

I posted a thread on this under "Dealers & Deals Made" topic area which you may not be able to see until you sign on for full membership in the forum, which I highly recommend you do if you are serious about buying a TM.

Keith
Old 08-15-2012, 10:27 AM   #3
CrazyCampers

Bluegrass, do you have any more info on that post? I am able to see that area of the forum and did a search and cannot find the thread. Do you remember part of the title?

I plan on joining when my husband commits to the purchase. I don't want to get my hopes up too high. (Oops, too late.)
Old 08-15-2012, 01:06 PM   #4
Barb&Tim
TrailManor Master

Quote:
CrazyCampers: do you have any more info on that post?
See it here:

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...MSRP#post46637

Tim
Old 08-18-2012, 09:00 AM   #5
moaboy

Never hurts to politely ask- you can always offer more.
And it helps to negotiate with a smile on your face...
Old 08-18-2012, 09:21 AM   #6
Beak12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCampers View Post
Now that we have our TV, I am looking into getting a TM 2720. What is a reasonable price for one with options like swing hitch, A/C, and extra cabinets. What options would you refuse to go without?

Also, if a dealer is offering one for $26K, can you talk them down and by how much? What is the going rate for a TM compared to the MSRP? In particular, how much cheaper should a new 2011 or 2012 at a dealer be vs ordering a 2013 with the same options.
Because you are only about 500 miles from the factory. Perhaps you make the best deal you can by checking the various dealers and see if you could pick it up at the factory. That is if you want new.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:03 AM   #7
CrazyCampers

That's a good suggestion to offer to pick it up at the factory. Its worth a try!

Thanks!
Old 08-20-2012, 09:22 AM   #8
CrazyCampers

I looked at a TM last week but wasn't thrilled with that dealer. The salesmen acted too busy to talk to me and were more than a little rude. More importantly, they knew very little about TMs, couldn't answer many of my questions, and thought nothing about leaving them open on their lot and dragging them around with a forklift. (I would be concerned about the structural integrity of the walls doing that.)

So this weekend, we are going to a different dealer that is farther away but who seems to know the product much better. If things go well, we may order one.

Here are the options I am planning on requesting:

TM 2720SL
Low Profile Roof Air Conditioning
Awning
Microwave
Hanging cabinets
Swing Hitch
Plumb Quick Connect for Ext Grill
Front Window

MSRP: $34,167

I don't see the 40 gallon water tank listed on the Build Your TrailManor page for the 2720SL for some reason. Will it not fit because of the sofa slide out on that model? If available, I would want that option.

What do you think? Am I missing anything? Are there any options not listed on the web site that are available and good to have? (Wouldn't it be great to have a tankless water heater instead of a 6-gallon tank!) Assuming up to 20% off, the price would be around $27,334 which is close to what the dealer advertises online.

Any advice?
Old 08-20-2012, 01:54 PM   #9
clown9644

If your heading over to Michigan to see M & M camping you are going to get treated very well by a very knowledgeable dealer. I have bought units from him and he and his staff are terrific! I did not get my used TM from them but they do all the maintenance on it that I cannot do at home.

Mike will leave you alone to do your talking, etc (and he is usually busy so may not be able to hang with you for hours) but he will be there instantly if you have questions, etc.

I think you would have a really nice unit with the options you listed. Can't think of a thing to add.

Dave
Old 08-20-2012, 09:18 PM   #10
robertkennel

Could try buying a one or two year old one in like new condition and save about 7-10 thousand. Robert