TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Forum Admin | Account Help | Suggestion Box
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2012, 01:36 PM   #1
tschep01
BannedUsers

Default Someone willing to walk me through the steps

I am purchasing a used 2720 (take ownership in 2 weeks when my new driveway pad is poured and set). I've never owned a RV before and I am a bit intimidated by the users manual. Are there any TM owners near Olathe, KS that would be willing to walk me through the paces (lubrication of hub and drum bearings, battery operation, leveling/plastic pad under each foot?, etc.) I'm buying this from a woman whose husband passed away. Her husband was in charge of the RV so I really need someone who can help explain what I need to do both in terms of maintenance and in terms of setup/teardown when I go camping.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Troy
tschep01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:17 PM   #2
clown9644

WELCOME!

There are some videos on you tube, but mostly on opening them.

Leveling--you will never get it exact but try to get as close as possible.
You will need to put a level on the tongue from side to side and use blocks of wood, plastic levelers or similar items to put under the tire that is lowest and then back onto the wood, the trailer should now be level from side to side.
Move the level to a part of the tongue so that it is facing front to back and using the motorized lift raise the trailer off the tow vehicle and move it out of the way. Now raise or lower the tongue until you are level front to back and side to side. Now lower the 4 jacks, one in each corner. If you do not have pads, use a block of wood to keep it from sinking into the ground. In Florida plan on using 2x6x6 because of the sand. Only snug these to make the trailer rigid, do not use them to lift the trailer, you will mess up your leveling.
Open the trailer up, several good you tubes on this.
You have done the hard part for your first opening in your driveway.

Now, join the group for the best spent $12 a year you will spend. There are sections in there you cannot go to right now that will give step by step instructions on almost anything you ever wanted to know, (gee I think that is part of the name on it).
You join by going here- http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=1064 and follow the directions.

Your closest dealer is about 4 hours North of you in Nevada, IA and may be the best place to go for your first trip. Most dealers will be happy to show you the ins and out. Hope there is an owner near you that can stop by but Toledo is a wee bit too far to run over.
Good luck!

Dave
Old 05-03-2012, 06:29 PM   #3
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

Welcome to the community!!

You definitely have a lot of questions which would be answered best with visuals IMO since you seem to have the manual.

One tip for sure is practice closing & opening so you get it down pat.

If I was close by I would be glad to help you out but I'm not so maybe someone will be close by.

2008 3023
2016 Ford F150 Platinum FX4
2003 Land Rover Discovery
EAZLift 1000lb WDH & Sway Control
Tekonsha P-3 Trailer Brake Controller - Proportional

http://www.hickscarpetcare.com/forum...mpSite2008.jpg
mcgyver210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:52 PM   #4
Don & Ginger

Default Setting up

Troy
PM me and we will set something up. We are in Hutchinson.
Old 05-05-2012, 01:46 PM   #5
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

Default Leveling

Clown lays out how to do the initial leveling, but I would suggest going a step further when you follow his instructions - put stick-on bubbles on the sides, front, and rear of the TM. I have a horizontal level on my tongue, a bubble-level on the front of the front shell and on the right-front corner of the front shell. I level to these before I open the TM.

I also have bubble levels on the center-back, under the bed. I use this after I open, to make sure I am still level.

The stuck-on levels sure make it easy to set up, and I don't have to carry a level with me. I got them at a local RV dealer, in his "accessories" showroom.

I like to make things simple, and I think looking at stuck-on levels is easier than toting a level when I go camping.
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:18 PM   #6
Mark & Jill

There are sections in there you cannot go to right now that will give step by step instructions on almost anything you ever wanted to know, (gee I think that is part of the name on it).

I am a real newbie, and clueless how to get around. We have joined by sending our membership fee in. The check cleared the bank anyway.

I'm curious where I go to places, that just any ol' lurker can't go. I, obviously, need step by step directions on everything!
Old 05-08-2012, 03:32 PM   #7
clown9644

You are now a sponsor, go to the "Trailmanor Owner's Forum" see it over this thread in the upper left corner, then you will see a whole list of items, such as Fram, Electrical, Plumbing, and on and on. If you just logged on it should be what you see first thing. All of those categories have tons of good information.

Good luck and welcome aboard.

Dave
Old 05-09-2012, 06:05 AM   #8
dugb527

Default I'm in North Kansas City

I'm in North Kansas City and have owned Trailmanors since 2004. I know quite bit about them but not as much as some on this board. I would be willing to come show you what I know if the timing can be worked out.

Actually, I have to go to Olathe tomorrow.

Let me know if you are interested.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:43 AM   #9
Mark & Jill

Thanks. Got it.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:19 PM   #10
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Did you check out the Trailmanor Technical Library, aka Trailmanor Info You Won't Find Anywhere Else? The very first entry when you log in.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote