TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2008, 09:35 PM   #1
fischnet52

Default After Market Warrantees

Folks, We are in process of getting our first TM, 2720SD. Very lightly used, 2008. I would like to ensure we are fully covered during our first outings (like a new rig, you know?) and wondered what advice 'yall might have? I've read a lot about Good Sam's CSP Warrantees and they seem to be very good and folks are satisfied. The dealer has offered one through "US Warrantees" that they want $1,735 - for 8 years coverage, with a $50 deductable. That works out to about the same cost over time as the CSP with about a $200 deductable. The Devil is in the Details, as they say, regarding just WHAT the $50 and $200 apply to, like any insurance. I've read so many horror stories of folks not being allowed coverage under these various plans .. but the Good Sam CSP does not seem to have those issues.

HELP! Suggestions?

P.S., yes we WILL join the forum as sponsors! Too much good stuff and commaradrie here not to!

Fred Fischer
Hayden, ID
Old 10-27-2008, 11:13 PM   #2
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

I personally don't buy extended warranties usually. I was offered a warranty by the dealer & also approached by CSP. I decided if I just put the money I would spend on a warraty in a savings account it would still be mine & if something did happen it most likely wouldn't be but one or two items at one time. I am a business owner & I know that the companies offering warranties are making a profit which means they know they wont pay out much overall.

I am also very mechanical so most repairs will just be parts after the factory warraties end.

I know of people that pay for warranties for years & finally have a makor issue that gets them a new replacement but what about all those years didn't they pay for it anyway.

Now I do have replacement insurance for damage etc on the trailer to me that is worth it.

2008 3023
2016 Ford F150 Platinum FX4
2003 Land Rover Discovery
EAZLift 1000lb WDH & Sway Control
Tekonsha P-3 Trailer Brake Controller - Proportional

http://www.hickscarpetcare.com/forum...mpSite2008.jpg
mcgyver210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 02:12 AM   #3
Beak12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischnet52 View Post
Folks, We are in process of getting our first TM, 2720SD. Very lightly used, 2008. I would like to ensure we are fully covered during our first outings (like a new rig, you know?) and wondered what advice 'yall might have? I've read a lot about Good Sam's CSP Warrantees and they seem to be very good and folks are satisfied. The dealer has offered one through "US Warrantees" that they want $1,735 - for 8 years coverage, with a $50 deductable. That works out to about the same cost over time as the CSP with about a $200 deductable. The Devil is in the Details, as they say, regarding just WHAT the $50 and $200 apply to, like any insurance. I've read so many horror stories of folks not being allowed coverage under these various plans .. but the Good Sam CSP does not seem to have those issues.

HELP! Suggestions?

P.S., yes we WILL join the forum as sponsors! Too much good stuff and commaradrie here not to!

Fred Fischer
Hayden, ID
I have had the CSP on a previous Class A and it worked well. No questions asked when I needed work done. On my last RV Class A also, I had the manufactures and a extened coverage. Which I'm glad I did, used it often sorry to say. And because of my previous troubles I got CSP for my used TM also.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:18 AM   #4
Scott O

Do a search on "extended warranties." This thread came up about a week ago and you may find some useful info...
Old 11-04-2008, 06:30 PM   #5
CharJack

Do not expect any kind of professional service from factory. We just sent our 09 there and it came back worse than we sent it; they basically didn't do anything Ed had promised was taken care of. I'll fix it myself maybe; maybe let the dealer do it; he is 100 miles away. I would trust a good dealer WAY before the factory idiots. Glad I didn't drive 800 miles to pick it up; I'm sure it would have been an ugly scene. It is our second TM in 2 1/2 years and was custom ordered; thinking we would get even better quality. We have been dissatisfied and feel as if TM has suggested we are at fault. We know how to use the thing, TM just can't provide professional customer service. Frankly, they lie. I wonder if the Hulsey's know what kind of house-cleaning is needed at their plant?
We like the TM, we just can't get service from factory and are done with them.
Plan to sell as soon as I do work on it and know it is right and that is the only way I will sell! There may be one heck of a deal here in the future!
Old 11-04-2008, 08:43 PM   #6
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Easy there, CharJack -

Many of us, including me, have had extremely professional, courteous, and competent service at the factory. And I've never had anyone say anything negative about Ed's ability to get things done, and done right. I can't help but wonder if your confrontational attitude had something to do with your bad experience.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 09:10 PM   #7
Wavery
TrailManor Master

What, specifically, was wrong with the trailer and how did they fail you?? Doesn't seem like the TM stories that heard before.
Old 11-06-2008, 04:54 PM   #8
CharJack

Bill and harveyrv,
Never confrontational; I actually told Ed how I enjoyed the way our professional relationship was going. I was under the impression we had a mutual respect for one another and a respect for quality in service. I am a professional at my trade and have been so for over thirty years; I may be just construction trash to some, but I am a true and real redneck--that is a complement--my word and my integrity is something no one can ever take away.
But I did just get a message from a Regional Manager--we were gone to haul the TM to the dealer at the time--a 200 mile round trip. The dealer is a person of honesty and integrity and has been EXTREMELY surprised at our experience also.
As to problems, just to name a few--
Hotwater 90 blowout-unrepaired.
Bath wall pin not lining up--made worse so as wall can not set up at all.
Fabric vinyl at left of door on inside not cut properly nor even hemmed--made worse by techs pulling it from strip and tearing it--never replaced with proper piece.
Back hitch tap so crooked pin will not go thru inorder to attach rack--still unusable.
City water connection locked-up and won't spin to take hose--unrepaired.
These are just a few of the more serious problems we have had and at the point we saw these still uncorrected, we stopped looking and just closed it up; then went tent camping--it works every time!!!
Not sure if they fixed the beds or the weathered ;almost rotted ;material on the outside underneath, or the torn from staples into nothing areas inside--as if a bad-sighted person on speed had the gun in their hand, the leaking door, and too many other things to list. Oh, and their driver pulled off and broke and sheared the break-away cable.
We enjoyed our 2720 and ordered this 3124KB special; believing we would get even better quality--didn't happen. Have had it 6 months and been able to stay in it 3 nights total on 3 seperate occasions. Works out to $11,000 a night for lodging plus expense and heartache.
The buck stops at the top; and I feel there are workers on the manufacturing line who should be given the opportunity to seek other employment; and also the one's responsible for signing off on a quality inspection. That's just the way it is in the real bluecollar world--do it best or hit the road.
Anyway we'll see what the Regional guy wants tomorrow. And I have talked to a woman up North that had an even more negative experience than our's. Seemed like a nice lady to me on the phone.
This is already too long. Thanks for listening. See yall round th bend.