TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-24-2007, 02:33 PM   #1
baker75

Default Couple interior questions from the newbee

I tried searching these but not having any luck.

I have heard that you can have new cabinets made at a home depot or lowes. Is this true? If so are there prefab patters available? How do you hang them?

Next, How much space is there between the top and the bottum along the sides when closed?

I was thinking about getting some of the plastic hooks that stick on to hang a photo or dry erase board. (obviously I would have to remove the dry erase board) Will they fit in between when it closes (or will they even stick?)

Any other good mods for the interior? Alright I'll stop asking questions until I get mine. Tomorrow !!! Yeah!
Old 05-24-2007, 09:46 PM   #2
NiceMustang

Baker75,

There was a post from someone that had one of those stores make up a wall cabinet but I couldn't put my finger on the pics. Seems it was around $140 or so and didn't actually match the other cabinets when it was stained though, so I'm actually thinking of just ordering one from the factory for $160-180 (I forget the amount). Then everything matches and you get the hanging hardware, instructions, etc and it looks like it came that way.

I don't know the area you're talking about on the sides, but when you pop up one end you can see inside through that end before you pull the bed out. Best to just take a peek inside.

I just picked up some of those 3M snappy-sticky-hooks tonight at WalMart. If you watch how the thing goes down, it's pretty easy to figure out where you can put things (like on the door of the dresser that comes up off the floor and up onto the counter) and where you can't. I also picked up a couple of over the door hangers for jackets that I put on the outside of the bathroom door which I'll just take down before breaking camp.

I've made many of the interior mods (and one I've not seen posted) over the last week. I'm planning on taking pics this weekend and will post when we return. I'm super excited to get out of here tomorrow!!!

Dan...
Old 05-29-2007, 10:35 AM   #3
baker75

I was looking torwards the front insides where there's a wall of blank white space. i would like to hang pictures that I can take back down before breaking camp and I thought those 3m hooks would work great. Now that I have actually seen the camper and how it folds down. I believe it will work, but I have to be carefull as to where the back section ends and where the front begins. If I get it done I will post picks too. I would be very curious to see yours so send me a private message with links when you are done.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:48 PM   #4
SneakyFrog

I have heard of TM owners using velcro picture hanging strips for art inside. Check them out HERE. They are very flat and we use them at home in the kids' room.
Old 05-29-2007, 02:01 PM   #5
baker75

Those will work great! Thats just what I am looking for.
I have another ignorant question.
Is there a TM catalog online to order parts from. Or do you have to order through your dealer, or direct. If so how?
Old 05-29-2007, 04:52 PM   #6
MukaboutintheNW

I don't know of a TM catalog either. But I do feel encouraged that if I ever need anything, I won't hesitate to call the TM factory. I have received other types of catalogs such as from Camping World that have all sorts of gadgets and goodies to enhance your TM.

Our TM is new to us also, we've been having great fun cleaning it up and making it our own. I hung a picture up on the wall above the street side sofa with velcro and it has adhered very well. I take it down before closing the TM up. I would also like to add a picture on the bathroom wall on the kitchen sink side, just need to find one to put there. I also bought some over the door hooks to use as towel holders for the bathroom and that worked out well.

I found a discussion about someone adding a microwave shelf above the stove that I would like to do, maybe not put our microwave on it since DH build a shelf that works quite well for the mic, but I bought two decorative storage boxes that would be great on that shelf. Here is the link:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ight=microwave

Someday, I would like to make new curtains, but that seems like a huge endeavor, so I'll keep my faded curtains for now. They look like denim, so the fading just adds character, like an old pair of jeans.

Enjoy making the TM your own! Sharon
Old 05-30-2007, 12:40 PM   #7
baker75

I have seen that two. You must be able to buy the collapsible brackets from TM. I was just talking to someone about velcroe pictures also.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:37 AM   #8
shunter917
Site Sponsor

I was unable to get the Snap hooks to work on our walls. They're the hooks with a big suction cup on the back? You rotate the hook down to adhere the cup to the wall and up to remove it. The walls were too bumpy, I think, to get a good grip.

I used velcro in the bathroom to attach a toothbrush holder and soap dish to the walls. They just peel off when we leave.
shunter917 is offline   Reply With Quote