TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-29-2024, 03:04 PM   #11
Shane826
TrailManor Master

Scedergen- You’re 6’6”? My son is just over 6’4” and I’m just under… We really can’t stand up straight under the rear roof. Add the raised floor of the shower, and it’s a no go. If you were to go to all this trouble and engineering, you still wouldn’t be able to stand up in the shower. As you say (and I love this reference) the juice isn’t worth the squeeze. And I hear ya on the loss 60lbs note… But that’s gonna make me stand even taller!

Bill I wish there were a way to put a skylight over the bathroom. That would be the perfect spot for a Fan-Tastic Fan or Maxx-Air vent. Let’s just say the original fan in the bathroom has proven to be inadequate on more than one occasion! Makes me somewhat jealous of the TrailMini folks who have that vent in the bathroom!
SMARTER THAN GOOGLE!
Shane826 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 04:45 PM   #12
Scedergren

Shane826, your funny. Loose 60 and now your shane766! My TM has the vent and it works. Through the bath to the sink area to the roof. I'm pretty sure TM looks at the mods in this forum and installs those that are logical. Wet bath with room to move while showering or sitting on the toilet when you're oversized. I don't mind slouching to shower or even slouching period so 6'3" is OK. Too me the sell point is "room" wet bath or "dry bath." So since I'm on this mission to improve TM, toe kicks on the cabinets. Not even the big boys do that. Now I'm just rambling. Oh! A grab handle on the highest point of the lower door for us balanced impaired. I'm not dissing this trailer just giving thought to making it better-steve
Scedergren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 07:34 PM   #13
Shane826
TrailManor Master

I’m gonna need to see that vent because that doesn’t sound like original equipment!
SMARTER THAN GOOGLE!
Shane826 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 09:19 PM   #14
Kidkraz
Site Sponsor

Scedergren, have you tried the outside shower? I am not that tall, but I hear ya when trying to clean up properly. I know that the mimi bathrooms are supposed to be "wet rooms", but they still have the wood trim pieces. Can't be that wet proof. My nephew has an outside shower hose on his popup. He got an outside shower tent, and loves it. Just an idea for you and yer boy.

https://www.amazon.com/VINGLI-Carryi...95&sr=1-5&th=1
2016 Dodge Ram 1500 V8 Hemi
Installed powered folding tow mirrors

Stopped playing with airplanes, now I just enjoy watching them fly by.
Kidkraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 05:57 AM   #15
Scedergren

Kidkraz, we moved from Oregon to Florida 12 years ago. My blood has thinned. 60 is cold now. Good idea on the outside shower. I'll try it when it warms up, probably next week lol.
Old 01-30-2024, 06:10 AM   #16
Scedergren

Shane826, I bought the trailer new and the fan came with it. Trailer is closed now so images not available. The 12 volt fan is located between the tub and the toilet and a vent tube runs behind the toilet through the sink cabinet through the folding kitchen side wall to a vent in the roof. Works well. It's similar to the mod in the forum. Just more like factory installed. I looked at the images in the website, they don't show it.
Old 01-30-2024, 10:21 AM   #17
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane826 View Post
Bill I wish there were a way to put a skylight over the bathroom. That would be the perfect spot for a Fan-Tastic Fan or Maxx-Air vent. Let’s just say the original fan in the bathroom has proven to be inadequate on more than one occasion! Makes me somewhat jealous of the TrailMini folks who have that vent in the bathroom!
Though I've never really given it any thought, there has to be a way to add a skylight to the bathroom. If you wanted one that gives additional headroom, that obviously makes it more complicated, but since everything else folds in a TM, why not a folding or telescoping skylight? Sides could be made from clear or at least opaque vinyl. There's presumably some clearance between the two shells when folded, or, at least there is where all the lights are (especially the bathroom fixture).

Even a modified crank-open vent cover could probably stretch some vinyl over the hole in away that gives more headroom. Or a telescoping one similar in concept to the way some rooves on some truck campers rise up.

Where there's a will there's a way!

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 11:42 AM   #18
Kidkraz
Site Sponsor

When trying to see how much room I had for the back bed, I closed the back shell and crawled back in. As you can see from the photo, you have about an inch, and goes to about 2-3 inches at the center of the shell. My worries would be keeping the elements out during bad weather and heat in. But it is an interesting idea.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Camper sink.JPG
Views:	23
Size:	1.85 MB
ID:	22993  
2016 Dodge Ram 1500 V8 Hemi
Installed powered folding tow mirrors

Stopped playing with airplanes, now I just enjoy watching them fly by.
Kidkraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 01:32 PM   #19
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scedergren View Post
Shane826, I bought the trailer new and the fan came with it. The 12 volt fan is located between the tub and the toilet ...
That is the same location as always for the fan itself ...
Quote:
... and a vent tube runs behind the toilet through the sink cabinet through the folding kitchen side wall to a vent in the roof.
Wasn't this TM's original stab at venting the proposed M28 toilet, after TM discovered that the RVIA code would not allow through-the-sidewall venting of a black tank, and mandated through-the-roof venting? Somewhere I've seen a picture of this. It involves a spiral hose that rises above the kitchen sink and out through the kitchen ceiling. I remember kind of gagging at the thought of sewer vent hose rising above my freshly washed dishes and food prep area, and I commented on it at the end of this thread.

https://www.trailmanorowners.com/for...ad.php?t=21355

Did TM continue to make trailers with this vent arrangement? Didn't they switch to one of the tankless baggie toilets - the Laveo, I think?

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 01:52 PM   #20
Scedergren

So we're the lucky ones. I'm telling ya it works. The hose is long, in the kitchen, and gets in the way when putting up the cabinet. Once the cabinet is up you only see the bottom of the hose.