TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-25-2008, 09:44 AM   #61
mjlaupp
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by harveyrv View Post
These dollies may be more realistic:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000W1VGQY?...0&linkCode=asn
I don't think either of the GoJaks will fill the bill, from the Zendex Tool Site:

"The 5000 Series GoJak® is a proven and reliable product that can lift and move wheel weights up to 1,250 lbs. (up to 5,000 lbs with four units)."

"The Model 6200 is an ox. Able to jack vehicle weights to 6,200 lbs. (1,550 lbs. per wheel)."

Mike

Here is a set that will allow storage with the TM wheels off of the ground.

http://www.etoolcart.com/cardollypair.aspx

Mike

2013 Jayco Eagle Premier 351RLTS 5er - Honda 2000i x2 w ext. run tank

2017 F350 King Ranch ultimate CCLB SRW 6.7L V8 TD Fx4 BakFlip F1 & BakBox

TM History: '97 2720, '02 2720SL, '03 2720SL, '04 3326K. 2001 - 2012 yrs owned.

1990 Isuzu Trooper II 283 V6
mjlaupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 12:48 PM   #62
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

mtnguy wrote
Quote:
I am not to sure that dollies at each corner are a good idea. With what I can remember with high school geometry, a plane (flat surface) can be made from any 3 points, but not necessarily from 4 points. So, is you have a dip or hump in your driveway or garage, 1 of the 4 jacks might come off of the dolly, with all of the weight going to the other 3.
This is called "racking", and it shouldn't be a problem. After all, your car has four tires on the ground, and whenever you go over a dip or a hump, such as going over a speed bump at an angle, one wheel lifts, and no harm is done. Of course, if the TM wheel actually comes off the dolly, that could be inconvenient.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 09:08 PM   #63
ThePair
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlaupp View Post
I don't think either of the GoJaks will fill the bill, from the Zendex Tool Site:

Here is a set that will allow storage with the TM wheels off of the ground.

http://www.etoolcart.com/cardollypair.aspx

Mike
So, if I were to use those, I would want 4 of them, clamped near the corners of the TM frame? Since they clamp on, that should remove some of the instability/"falling off" issues, and the weight of the TM won't be an issue with 4. There won't be lateral instability issues as per using the built-in lift/jacks, either. If I clamped them on in the "starting" position, I could then slide sideways, and then into the third bay without needed to undo anything, and all the way in, too...I could even fold the tongue and bring the TM all the way in without having to fiddle with the tongue jack/wheel, since the whole TM would be supported. Which is also good for winter storage.

Is the 9-14 inch height of these pieces compatible with the TM? What is the clearance under the frame where these would clamp?

Judging from the looks, I'd have to jack up at least one side to get these on, but I'm presuming I could just use the tongue jack to raise the front, attach the front two, and then lower that and jack up the rear for the rear two (or vice-versa?) Is the front jack (powered) enough to raise the front of the TM high enough if I, for example, lowered the front, attached the rear, then tried to raise the front until the TM wheels were off the ground?

Marc
ThePair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 09:33 AM   #64
rtcassel
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePair View Post
Is the 9-14 inch height of these pieces compatible with the TM? What is the clearance under the frame where these would clamp?
My TM does not have a lift kit and its frame is 14 inches above the ground.
Equal-i-zer 1000, Prodigy, McKesh, UnderCover
rtcassel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 06:17 PM   #65
ThePair
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcassel View Post
My TM does not have a lift kit and its frame is 14 inches above the ground.
Thanks Can anyone with the new "2009 1/2" model confirm this?

I only ask because I thought I read that the newest models come with 15" tires, and I wonder if there's a height change as well?

On second thought, these won't work if the frame is 14" off the ground, as the max height of 14" means there will be no lift of the wheels off the ground.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:25 PM   #66
ThePair
TrailManor Master

Well, just made the purchase today, will be taking delivery in the spring.

I'll let you all know, and post pictures, once I've got the TM safely parked in her new home.

Oh, btw, I did confirm with the factory that the newer 2009 1/2 models will have 15" wheels. Just in case there was any doubt. They've also switched to a lower profile AC unit to compensate.

Thanks again!
Old 04-03-2009, 11:57 PM   #67
ThePair
TrailManor Master

Question Width of Trailmanor - with awning

Took delivery today -- what a beauty! I'm even more excited now than ever, to get out and go!

Too bad I still need to do things like wire the van, add the hitch...work... grr!

Anyway, careful measuring told us that I was still a touch too wide, unless I really wanted to heavily modify the trim on the garage. Since the WAF on that is low, we discussed further modifications to the outside of the TM to make it narrower. Replacement of the courtesy light on the street side with a low-profile LED (switch on the inside of the TM) was done by my dealer. Up to me, now, is replacement of the outside lights on the curb side with the same LED fixtures, as well as making the awning removable. The first replacement got me around an inch; the awning is another 2 inches, and the lights on the curb side will be another inch, for approximately 4 inches narrower than the stock TM with awning.

I'll post pictures once I'm done.

[Moderator note: discussion of separate outlets for black and gray water has been moved into the plumbing forum.]

Marc
Old 04-10-2009, 06:12 AM   #68
Joesjunk
Site Sponsor

Unhappy Width and Zion National Path

For informational purposes, the 2720 with awning is a few inches too wide to pass through the tunnel at Zion National Park. You will need to pay a toll and get an excort. The voice of experience speaking...
Joesjunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 08:17 PM   #69
larsdennert

Actually you will need a tunnel pass without the awning too. They don't get out of their hut and measure. They just look from afar and say you need one.

You can pass through the tunnel after hours without a pass as there's no one to stop you but you better know what you are doing.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:53 PM   #70
MudDog
TrailManor Master

Well, after running into Jason Gold and his family at the Zion Canyon RV Park, we made it thru the tunnel with our 2619 (w/awning) today without having to pay for the tunnel pass. The ranger said "Looks like you're way under, but let me measure just to be sure."

I had my wallet ready as he went to the back with a measuring tape.

Much to my surprise, he gave us the all clear.

Guess it depends on who's doing the measuring
Prodigy Brake Controller/TST TPMS
15" Maxxis M8008 225/75R15
Honda EU2000i (Tri-Fuel Converted)
160W Solar/Morningstar Sunsaver MPPT
Xantrex Link-Lite & ProWatt SW2000 Inverter

Current:
2016 KZ Vision 23BHS
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 3.5 EcoBoost
MudDog is offline   Reply With Quote