TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Appliances
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-20-2010, 06:52 PM   #31
final5

Harveyrv, I have tried to find your photo's on your ac. Did you ever do anything about the outside look or did you just keep the cardboard. I just bought a 99 and the previous owners put in a window a/c but it does not seem to stay on. Not sure if it is the ac but I would be interested in find out more on how you did yours and take a look at the final pictures....thanks.
Old 06-20-2010, 10:03 PM   #32
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

I can see the pictures OK, perhaps you can't see them because you're a trial member?
Old 06-20-2010, 10:46 PM   #33
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by final5 View Post
Harveyrv, I have tried to find your photo's on your ac. Did you ever do anything about the outside look or did you just keep the cardboard. I just bought a 99 and the previous owners put in a window a/c but it does not seem to stay on. Not sure if it is the ac but I would be interested in find out more on how you did yours and take a look at the final pictures....thanks.
Can you not see all of the pics that are in this thread? If not, PM me with your email address and I will send you the pics.

My original plan was to install a couple of pieces on aluminum on piano hinges to separate the hot exhaust air from the fresh air intake. I have the aluminum panels but I found that if I just push them in the slots between the center and outside vents, they fit tight and do a fine job. I use the AC so seldom that it isn't worth permanently installing those panels.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:12 AM   #34
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

You are referring to the pictures in post #22 above? Yes, they are there. A Trial Member should be able to see anything on the board. It is only when the Trail Member decides not to become a Sponsor, and is downgraded to Registered Guest, that he loses any access. When this happens, access to the entire thread is lost - and most of the Forums as well - not just photos.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 08:20 AM   #35
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
You are referring to the pictures in post #22 above? Yes, they are there. A Trial Member should be able to see anything on the board. It is only when the Trail Member decides not to become a Sponsor, and is downgraded to Registered Guest, that he loses any access. When this happens, access to the entire thread is lost - and most of the Forums as well - not just photos.

Bill
That would be posts 13 and 22. Post 13 shows the air flow separators (which apparently the OP could see).
Old 06-26-2010, 05:42 AM   #36
final5

Alright member now.

Harvey, I must have skipped over some of the threads, I do now see the extra pannels on the outside and the fiber-glass mod. I am not sure that I am going to be that handy and in Fl. we do have a lot of humidity!!! I really do not want to spend the money for the top ac but think that is the direction I am headed...if I do, do you think it would be better to take out the vent fan or just do another hole for the ac. If I were to take out the vent fan it would save $50 and have one less hole in the roof what do you think. We usualy do most of our cooking outside but now that we have grown from a pop up we might do more inside.
Thanks.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:37 AM   #37
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Be aware that if you install an air conditioner on the roof, the existing torsion bars probably won't be strong enough to lift it. You may need to replace all four torsion bars on whichever shell you modify - and they ain't cheap! Check with the factory.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote