TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-13-2010, 07:40 PM   #21
fischnet52

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumbleweed View Post
I have had excellent results using the sheets of bubble wrap from all the stuff I ordered for my TM. They are light, tough and can be wrapped around things like the antenna mount. If the get damages, you jut recycle them and use a new piece.
Another thing I've used if there are really sharp and persistent edges like the frame, is just some heavy cardboard. Can just recycle it come spring and get new pieces following year and it really will pad well, not where through and if it gets damp, it is just a bit more soft, Just need to have the cover cinched down well so it won't flop about ... or there's always the "Handiman's Friend", duct tape! - to hold it in place!
Old 02-14-2010, 11:58 AM   #22
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

For padding the corners, I've tried bubble wrap with duct tape, styrofoam corners with duct tape, and old towels with duct tape. I got tired of having to spend a couple of hours every summer cleaning off the residue from the duct tape. Now I use styrofoam corners and tie them onto the TM with twist tie http://www.neeps.com/288498.html?productid=288498. So far, all the corners have stayed put even on very windy days, I can re-use the twist tie over and over, and it doesn't rust. It's amazing how many things you can find on the TM to tie onto.

Works for me.