TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-09-2008, 06:25 AM   #21
P and B

All parts can be ordered through your dealer or direct from the factory (including the material). Track is on the back shell so it stays in place when you close up. It solves the exact problem you are having. We had it too.

It is close to the stove, as is pointed out in this thread, so be careful. I hadn't really thought about that until someone pointed it out. That said, you could cut out "vee" notches along the track and bend it away from the stove on that side (since it's over the countertop anyway). You might have to heat the track up to get it to bend nicely.

Phil
Old 08-10-2008, 12:35 PM   #22
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by P and B View Post

The McDonalds coffee incident is always a good reminder of how far we've gone over the deep end.

Phil

Although I agree law suits are way out of control now days the McDonalds case was not reported by the news correctly according to a long time client of mine who was privy to the details & told me what happened with that case really.

I have owned a business for 15 yrs now & when I first started I barely used paper work now we do nothing without paper work .

I also noticed the stove but with limited room in the trailer what else can you do Phil I will eventually run into someone that can do this so I would like to take you up on your offer to send more details to make putting this together easier. Thanks for doing the Hard Part.

2008 3023
2016 Ford F150 Platinum FX4
2003 Land Rover Discovery
EAZLift 1000lb WDH & Sway Control
Tekonsha P-3 Trailer Brake Controller - Proportional

http://www.hickscarpetcare.com/forum...mpSite2008.jpg
mcgyver210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 03:21 PM   #23
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

Anyone else done this project we have found someone to do it & are going to attempt it.

2008 3023

Old 11-23-2008, 09:42 PM   #24
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

We have now done this Mod it looks awesome & gives privacy to rear now. We used a different fabric though that my wife found. I am glad I was careful when I cut the wire chase since there is wire there.

Thanks Randy

2008 3023

Old 08-10-2010, 01:35 PM   #25
CelestialBen

How does the curtain track get over the plastic "spine" running down the middle of the trailer? Is the spine cut there, or does the track go over the top of it?
Old 08-10-2010, 03:45 PM   #26
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

The curtain track goes underneath the spine, the spine is cut to allow the curtain to pass through. I just replaced the one in the back bed area.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:19 PM   #27
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

Well mine had two wires in it so I carefully cut a slot for the curtain track to go into. It does leave a slight bump there but if I ever get around to caulking it wont be that noticeable.

We use the curtain on every trip & love it. Also we have tucked the curtain in the drawers to pull it away from the stove if needed.

I have plans on a family website soon where I will have pics of our TM & mods we have done thanks mostly to people here.

2008 3023

Old 06-05-2011, 11:10 AM   #28
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgyver210 View Post
Well mine had two wires in it so I carefully cut a slot for the curtain track to go into. It does leave a slight bump there but if I ever get around to caulking it wont be that noticeable.

We use the curtain on every trip & love it. Also we have tucked the curtain in the drawers to pull it away from the stove if needed.

I have plans on a family website soon where I will have pics of our TM & mods we have done thanks mostly to people here.
mcgyver210

Did you ever get your website up?

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 11:15 AM   #29
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by P and B View Post
All parts can be ordered through your dealer or direct from the factory (including the material). Track is on the back shell so it stays in place when you close up. It solves the exact problem you are having. We had it too.

It is close to the stove, as is pointed out in this thread, so be careful. I hadn't really thought about that until someone pointed it out. That said, you could cut out "vee" notches along the track and bend it away from the stove on that side (since it's over the countertop anyway). You might have to heat the track up to get it to bend nicely.

Phil
While researching curtains and guides "I think" I saw a ceiling rack that is curved. I know I have seen then on the ceiling while looking at various campers on line. If I find a link I will post it.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 11:43 AM   #30
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygirl View Post
mcgyver210

Did you ever get your website up?
OOPS no we haven't finished it but it is still on our project plans we do have a domain though for our adventures which are nothing compared to most here. We have around 40 business related sites to maintain at this time & they always take priority because they bring income in so we can still afford to play. It has been a challenging last couple of yrs for us to keep our business growing in a bad economy which has cut into our personal projects but on the bright side our hard work has paid off in that we have had positive growth for the last 5 yrs.

We have tons of pics to go thru for all our different activities, Camping, Boating etc.

Now if you need something in particular let me know & I will try to get it for you.

Hopefully soon we will have all sites moved to our new format & also have time to finish hicksadventures.

2008 3023