TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Appliances
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-30-2007, 07:43 AM   #21
2 Trails

Default TV Antenna, mine was never connected

We had the same problem when we first bought our trail manor, nothing we could do to fix it.

Finally took it to the dealer and the problem was the wiring was never connected underneath.

This may have been something some of you could have fixed yourself but we did not want to mess with any wiring and take a chance of voiding a warrantey

Be sure to take a TV with you so you can test it.

Good luck
Jim

2007 2720
2005 Trailblazer
Old 10-31-2007, 06:49 PM   #22
P and B

Since I'm a vidiot, I thought I should chime in here. There are a bunch of reasons for no reception- many of which were mentioned above. It could be that you have corroded connections to the antenna or a bad transmission (coax) line. Also check to make sure that the center conductor of the coax from the TV to the jack or the transmission line if on cable, is not bent and is long enough to make contact with the center female pin on the connector.

It's also important to know how to work your TV. Many modern TVs have to be changed from TV to Cable in the menu or setup option on the TV. If you have one of these TVs it will also probably have a "training" feature that will scan the VHF and UHF bands and "remember" only the channels that have decent signal strengths.

Don't discount that the TV amplifier might be bad even though the light comes on. That said, always do the simple things first....you did plug in the TV right?

Good luck,

Phil
Old 11-20-2007, 05:32 PM   #23
RollingStones

Default How I Finally Got TV Reception

Hi All,
Since the original post, we tried a few times to get a TV signal with no luck. One day, I got out the TV manual, which I neglected to do before, thinking it had something to do w/ the antenna or cable hook up. Actually, all I had to do was 'scan' the channels. Yes, it was as simple as following the directions in the manual for the HD TV I bought for 'Maynard' ( Yes, I named him).
We got heaps of channels including HD channels.
So there you go.

Happy Thanksgiving All,
We're heading out tomorrow for 4 glorious nights!

kristin
Old 11-20-2007, 05:57 PM   #24
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Kristen -

Thanks for for posting this. We have a lot of posts about successes, but not so many about successes after an easy step has been missed. It all contributes to the collected knowledge.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote