TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-24-2017, 06:03 PM   #21
mrkopcz

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoMiPa View Post
Two weekends ago I started a full remodel on my 2005 3023.

The first weekend I removed the couch/bed, love seat/drawers, table, all quarter round molding on floor, carpet, linoleum, all curtains & valances, and the trim rings on ceiling vents and A/C unit.

The second weekend (last weekend), I lightly sanded, then washed, all of the aluminum walls & ceiling of the front shell, and painted it with Rustoleum, oil based, semi-gloss in white.

This coming weekend I will sand, wash, and paint the rear shell interior. I plan on painting the luan type walls above stove, above sink & fridge, and bathroom wall facing sink with a cabinet type paint, probably an aqua color.

I am looking at flooring, and thinking of using Coreluxe by Tranquillity - it's an EVP flooring. Has anyone used a vinyl click flooring in their TM? How has it held up with towing, heat, humidity, freezing cold, etc?

Here is a link where I've placed photos of work so far -
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vtesz2hqs...CucILXz3a?dl=0
Do you have a pic of your final redo....looks really cool ..Bobbie
Old 04-25-2017, 06:34 AM   #22
HoMiPa
TrailManor Master

No updates yet - I closed the trailer up at the end of Oct and moved it to the spot I park it over the winter. I did open it up this past weekend, after having to pull a flat tire off early last week. I dropped the tire/wheel off at my mechanic, and he said the tire was pretty dry rotted. To be expected, they are the original tires on it still, and my plan had been to replace them before any trips this summer. So one side is still up on blocks, waiting to get my wheel, with a new tire back, and I will pull the other wheel off to take in and have a new tire put on that - my mechanic ordered two. I probably should check the spare as well....

Anyway, I opened it up over the weekend to take final window measurements, and I've been working on my idea for new window treatments. Hope to have photos of that to post in a few days - probably not all of them done, but at least one or two complete so I can take some photos. I'll start a new thread when I post those photos. I'm excited about what I've come up with for the windows! After the windows, I will tackle building a new cabinet around/above the furnace and water tank. Not looking forward to it, simply because I still don't have a final plan in my head yet.
Old 06-16-2017, 11:30 PM   #23
Charity L

Default Did you remove cabinets?

Hi - we are starting a full remodel on our TM (same model you have) and were wondering if you completely removed the cabinets or just the doors and hardware? What about when you painted the walls?

Any tips would be helpful!
Thanks, Charity
Charity L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 06:18 AM   #24
HoMiPa
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charity L View Post
Hi - we are starting a full remodel on our TM (same model you have) and were wondering if you completely removed the cabinets or just the doors and hardware? What about when you painted the walls?

Any tips would be helpful!
Thanks, Charity
I only removed the cabinet doors & hardware. But I did completely remove both couches (permanently) and the table (temporarily). I also removed all curtains & all rails for them, permanently. I removed all vent trims, a/c trim, light fixtures, molding around top, shower curtain rail, curtain above bathroom, bathroom door, towel rack, toilet papwr holder, other various hardware on the walls, and privacy curtain rails - but all that stuff will go back in.

I used Rustoleum enamel, gloss, for the aluminum skin walls. I used Glidden High Endurance semi-gloss exterior paint for the cabinets & the luan type walls. I did not prime, used two coats, and let it cure literally over the winter, before putting everything back together.

Oh, I also removed outlets, etc, and spray painted them with Krylon high gloss.

I did, however prime the bathroom walls (Luan only) and cabinets, with Zinsser 1-2-3. I did that yesterday. Painting the bathroom is not for the faint of heart....

I will not paint the bathroom until the floor is done. There is so little room to work in there, I'm afraid I'll ding up the freshly painted cabinets/walls if I paint before I install the flooring.

My suggestion is to take your time. If you have camping trips scheduled, stage your work so you can use your trailer between projects. I went camping last weekend, and I hadn't done anything to the bathroom yet, and the floor is bare metal. Rails holding matresses were still off (forgot to add those to list of stuff I pulled off to paint), and not all the window treatments were completely done. But I could camp. I'm also a firm believer in 24 hours between coats of paint, and a minumum of three days cure before it is put in use. I prefer seven... Don't rush - it will show. I decided to prime the bathroom because I believe primer gives a depth to the color, so in hindsite, I wish I would have primed the main part of the trailer. (As a side note, it actually says on the Zinsser 1-2-3 can, 7 days to cure, although you can add coat in 24 hours.)

Have fun with it, and above all else, make it yours, and don't worry about what will, or will not, appeal to anyone else, or if anyone else would buy it like that 10 years down the road if you sell. Make it yours now, and enjoy it with the decor/colors you want!
Old 06-29-2017, 07:18 PM   #25
Kathy Wilson

I opened your link and it says error. I would love to see you updates.
Kathy Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 09:29 PM   #26
HoMiPa
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Wilson View Post
I opened your link and it says error. I would love to see you updates.
If you go to my profile here, I've put photos in an album there. Hopefully I will be completely done by next weekend, and will take a full set of photos. I have the floor laid, I just need to get the molding measured, painted, and down. I am also finishing up the blinds for the rear bed, and a couple of the crocheted valances.
Old 06-30-2017, 12:21 AM   #27
Larryjb
TrailManor Master

I'll be doing something similar with the windows treatment, only I'm not going to use pull up blinds like you did. My family is likely to forget and yank too hard on the pull cords and pull the valance away from the wall. Instead I'm going to router out a slot in the insides of the valance so that I can lift a rod holding a blackout blind into place at night straight into the valance.

Given that the walls can support loaded cabinets, I'm probably overly worried, but then I know my family. They've destroyed things I thought were foolproof!

I'll post pictures of the construction when I get around to it.

2002 Tahoe
2008 4.6 Explorer
2001 2720SD

Various TM images that you may or may not find elsewhere:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/album.php?u=11700
Larryjb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 05:45 AM   #28
HoMiPa
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larryjb View Post
I'll be doing something similar with the windows treatment, only I'm not going to use pull up blinds like you did. My family is likely to forget and yank too hard on the pull cords and pull the valance away from the wall. Instead I'm going to router out a slot in the insides of the valance so that I can lift a rod holding a blackout blind into place at night straight into the valance.

Given that the walls can support loaded cabinets, I'm probably overly worried, but then I know my family. They've destroyed things I thought were foolproof!

I'll post pictures of the construction when I get around to it.
Ha ha ha - yup, I completely understand the accidental destructiveness of anyone who hasn't built/created/paid for something... sigh....

Your idea sounds like a great solution, and one I tinkered with in trying to figure out how to attach some sort of rods to hold curtains & valance. But since I don't have a router, and decided I didn't have enough use for one, long term, to buy one, I knew I wouldn't be happy with the results of whatever I tried to do in regards to a channel, without a router. I also thought about just drilling a hole in each inside side piece of the wooden valance, and bowing the curtain rods into them. In the end, I decided I didn't want to actually remove blinds, curtains, valances each time, I just wanted to remove the unit as a whole, without having anything slide out/fall off. I knew I would be happy as long as there was a way to remove everything at the end of the season to wash them and store them away.

I look forward to your pictures!