TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Electrical
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-23-2006, 10:23 AM   #21
pbuck1

So while I was writing, Bill posted his finding on the inadequate charge capability of the Honda generators. One quick way around this I can think of is to use a better converter, but use it stand-alone and not try to integrate it into the existing converter/breaker panel unit. Suitable converter examples would be the Progressive Dynamics PD91xx or PD92xx series' with charge wizard or the Iota with IQ4 (the Wizard and the IQ4 are the respective manufacturer's names for the plug-in microprocessor unit which provides the kind of intelligent charging that Bill is talking about). These units can provide pretty much all their current into battery charging. You can at present on ebay get a Progressive Dynamics PD9130 (30 amps) w/Wizard for $120 delivered on ebay, or a PD9245 (45 amps) w/Wizard for $130 delivered.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3742%26fvi%3D1

These come with an AC cord which would plug directly into an AC outlet (so no AC wiring) and screw terminals for the DC. Use 8 gauge wire or thicker with automotive ring terminals at the battery end.

-Paul
Old 07-23-2006, 12:08 PM   #22
Freedom

There's a Xantrex link 10 meter on eBay right now - 20 hours left for bidding - no bids on it yet. -$100.00
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Xantr...spagenameZWDVW
Old 07-23-2006, 12:22 PM   #23
tucsoncarol
Site Sponsor

Default I love this forum!

Thanks for all this information.

Bill, the reason for getting the larger EU200i generator over the smaller is that if I'm spending money anyway (and I obviously am at this point) I might as well get a generator big enough to do a couple of other things, as you noted, maybe run the a/c on a hot afternoon or something. Also, overkill is in my hubby's nature. I will head over to Ebay now, Let you all know later what I find.
Old 07-23-2006, 02:31 PM   #24
RCCBV1

OK Bill, (I'm still learning a lot) Then it looks like I will get a better and faster charge with my WFCO WF=8955 AN Converter.