TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Appliances
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-01-2008, 09:59 AM   #11
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Al -

My 2002 TM did not have an outside TV connector, and if Chap hadn't posted his response, I would have said that the 2003 models didn't either. Apparently it was introduced somewhere in this time frame, so you may or may not have it.

Having said that, if you want to connect to the campground's cable TV connection and don't have an outside connector, the easiest thing to do is carry a 20 or 25 foot cable with you. Plug one end into the connector on the campground post. Run the other end under a Velcro flap and hook it directly to your TV. Just for the record, there is a connector in the TV cable under the TM on the left side. You could undo this connection, and put a splitter in place, and then connect the campground source to the splitter. I always thought this was too much effort, but YMMV.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 11:16 AM   #12
Al-n-Sue

Thanks Bill and Chap. After some more reading I determined that there probably SHOULD be some type of connection outside. I'll check it out this weekend when we have the TM open. No cable hookup this time so won't be able to check out the reception, but I can verify the existence of the plug. And I can always do the under the flap deal if necessary! Just need to add some coax to my box of stuff in the bumper trunk!
Thanks
Alan
Old 07-03-2008, 08:43 AM   #13
Al-n-Sue

Question Found it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al-n-Sue View Post
Thanks Bill and Chap. After some more reading I determined that there probably SHOULD be some type of connection outside.
The reason for not realizing that this coax plug was on the side, exactly as you described, is that it looks like an AC plug - with the same caps as the one on the door side. I had never opened it, jsut assumed it was an AC plug for the off-door side. But sure enough it has a coax connection and a phone jack!

Next place I camp I'll have to check it out with our little 13" TV.

My reading here leads me to understand that the antenna only works if the power amplifier is on, using a push button on the inside plug. If that is off does it automatically draw from the outside plug?
Old 07-03-2008, 09:44 AM   #14
DenandSue

but did you set the TV to the ANTenna input. Usually it's a menu setting selection you do when the TV is turned on. If it is still set to CABLE, you won't get anything using the TM antenna
Old 07-03-2008, 09:51 AM   #15
Al-n-Sue

Haven't really hooked a TV up yet - just wondering what issues to anticipate.
I assume that if I have the TV set to antenna, then the amp has to be on to get a signal. If I have cable at the RV park, I'd change the TV to cable, turn the amp off and would then get a signal from the cable system.
Old 07-03-2008, 11:00 AM   #16
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
My reading here leads me to understand that the antenna only works if the power amplifier is on, using a push button on the inside plug. If that is off does it automatically draw from the outside plug?
Yes. If the button is pushed and the little green light is on, power is sent to the roof antenna, and the antenna's signal is sent to the connector right next to the button. If the little green light is off, the antenna receives no power for its built-in amplifier (and hence it doesn't work), and the signal from the cable TV inlet (the one you just found) is sent to the connector next to the button.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 12:23 PM   #17
mtnguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al-n-Sue View Post
The reason for not realizing that this coax plug was on the side, exactly as you described, is that it looks like an AC plug - with the same caps as the one on the door side. I had never opened it, jsut assumed it was an AC plug for the off-door side. But sure enough it has a coax connection and a phone jack!

That recepticle fooled me also, until I read a post on this forum where those little puppies were located.....I think in response to someone else's problem finding them.

Chap